Hamburger Toppings

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipebaum81

Preferred Member
Nov 23, 2014
I love Jalepenos, onions and fancy sauce on my burger. Toasted bun all the way. You know you want to share your ideas....
j/B

daimyo

Preferred Member
May 15, 2014
No one for the sandwich discussion? :wink:
Lightly toasted bun, light ketchup or special sauce (you know, relish, ketchup and mayo) mustard and bread and butter pickle chips for a classic burger. But I enjoy all kinds of burger toppings if done well.

prndl

Preferred Member
Apr 30, 2014
Gimme onions or gimme death.
After that, I'm good with just about anything else.

gambit88

Jan 25, 2015
Lettuce, pickle, Sauteed onions, ketchup,and mustard. Sometimes I'll do cheese or a fried egg.

beastkhk

Feb 3, 2015
Alright! Someone taking the onions up a notch!
I was going to ask for clarification as to if onions would be a default of raw; looks like that is the case.

daimyo

Preferred Member
May 15, 2014
Let's not talk about grilled onions, it will send me into an animal style withdraw convulsion!
Animal style double double with mustard grilled patties, well done fries and a black and white...

There, see... now you did it

beastkhk

Feb 3, 2015
We don't have In and Out in the Midwest. :crying: I have debated making a trip to Vegas just to scratch that itch.(Vegas because usually can get better deals on flights)
Also get a hankering for Big Boy ever now and then. That one is a 4 hour drive, but definitely doable.
Edit: I have been to a couple Big Boys that used Tartar sauce as special sauce. I would have to say if you have never tried this it is something different. Needless to say, my favorite burger as of late is on a pretzel bun w/ cheese, onion and tartar sauce.

pipebaum81

Preferred Member
Nov 23, 2014
Before Anchorage blew up, we'd travel to Soldotna, Alaska for the nearest Dairy Queen. 300 miles round trip...

cobguy

Preferred Member
Oct 18, 2013
Most of the time, I go for the "works" ...lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo
Lately though, I've been on a mushroom and Swiss binge whenever I order a burger.
One of the last ones had the mushrooms and onions sauteed in a Jack Daniels sauce ... mmmmmm. :P

warren

Preferred Member
Sep 13, 2013
Indeed a good burger might be purchased here and there. A great burger must be made at home and has to include a layer of homemade garlic-dill pickles. Other condiments as preferred can be added. Oh, and the meat has to be 80-20, none of that low-fat crap. Then it becomes a "crap" burger. The juices must run down the arms and drip off one's elbow. Can't be done with a "crap" burger.
Mind you I do not want to appear to disparage those that make "crap" burgers. It's just my opinion and the opinion of those who have been graced with a place at my table when I serve burgers.

daimyo

Preferred Member
May 15, 2014
Yup Warren, ground chuck is the only way to go. Nothing worse than a burger without enough fat to hold itself together.

plateauguy

Preferred Member
Mar 19, 2013
Puyallup Fair burger - greasy burg, toasted bun, cheese, and grilled onions that drip gease. Thank God it's only once a year!