PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Campbell's Pepper Pot had a unique, bowel-intensive personal-type flavor, but I think that was on purpose.
Maybe I should get out and read the rest of the forum sometimes. Sounds like Alvin took one for the team.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
But it is bad enough that Nate just upped and left. Just like that.
Yeah, well, that was his choice. I regret not being there to ask him if this was when we get to beg him to stay.

If you are going to leave, folks, just do it. Announcing your imminent demise gets exceedingly tiresome, exceedingly quickly.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Green. Lately, I've been partial to bluish shades of violet.
Campbell's is hardly gourmet fare, though I'm still a sucker for Campbell's Tomato (made with milk, not water) with a thick grilled cheese sandwich.
I know what he's talking about. Good point too.
Agreed.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Would soup come under Food and Drink? If so, which one is it? Food...or Drink?
Does the FDA opine over soup? If yes, it's a food.
So far, there's no F,D and S Admin.
Another test is viscosity. If you have to cut it with a knife or fork, it's a food. If you mostly spoon or slurp it up, it's soup. Or beer.
Or Guinness... Now's there's a good meal.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Here's the cruel, cruel irony. All the shit we're not supposed to talk about, well, this is the group of people I'd most like to talk about it with. Online or not. Oh, well, rules are rules, and the rules say the Mods are the commissars, and if we don't like their decisions, it's tough shit. So, I'm trying to follow the rules.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Or call them "guidelines"!
Forgot to mention my favorite color: purple, a deep mesmerizing purple. As a kid, I liked a deep and bilious blue. And some pink is a good color, too.
My favorite food is cold lobster.
My favorite current TV show is Fargo.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Soup is drink when you tip the bowl and food is you us... what's the word? A spoon, it's food when you use a spoon. Some soup could be stew I suppose. Then, one has to factor in how thick and the need to chew before swallowing.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
A unique experience from being at sea is the beautiful surface color of the deep ocean. Once you get into water that is 5,000 feet or more it turns to an incredibly deep, rich, velvety indigo blue. If it's a clear day the sun's rays penetrate seemingly forever in to the depths-- mezmerizing. That's my favorite color.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
All the shit we're not supposed to talk about, well, this is the group of people I'd most like to talk about it with.
Agreed. :clap:
I noticed a trend lately and promptly ignored it for my blood pressure's sake. Throwing hot-button labels around in general conversation only complicates matters, it does nothing to add to any topic. I like the rules because I remember what happens when they are not followed. We have a kinder, gentler, tobacco friendly forum to talk about almost anything with some of the most knowledgeable, incisive, generous, and stubborn people you would ever want to meet. I wouldn't have it any other way. In exchange for this freedom, we only have a couple hard rules. Seeing them broken is mildly irritating and I fully support any Mod who steps up and has to herd this group of sometimes feral pipe smokers. I really like most, if not all, of the people here. Let's stay focused and keep this world class site rolling... for the kids! :)
PS - If you REALLY need to talk about prohibited topics, or get something off your chest, feel free to PM me. I'm game most days and enjoy reasonable exposition and debate.
TalkSpace-iOS-App_Store-Terapia-Psicologia-Peanuts-Lucy_MILIMA20141110_0281_14.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Let me clarify slightly, lest people think that this online forum is my only social outlet, and I'm one of those sad little troglodyte basement-dwellers hunched over a keyboard all the time!
If you're in some kind of group or club that gets together face-to-face, usually they all agree with you your viewpoints, which makes for boring discussions. If you're getting together face-to-face for the express purpose of discussing thing with people who do not agree with you at all, it's called a riot, and that's not what I enjoy either.
In "real life", I know a wide cross-section of cerebral people I can discuss interesting issues with. The problem is, you hardly ever see more than one of them at once. It's not like you can get together and have a beer after work and discuss current events with 17 intelligent, interesting people four nights a week. You can do exactly that here, and the temptation sometimes gets the better of us, or at least me. I enjoy talking to some people here that not only disagree with me, but that think I'm a downright fool. Why? Because it's more interesting to talk to an intelligent, well-spoken person who thinks you're an idiot than it is to talk to an idiot who thinks you're right. Selfish? Maybe. I'm okay with that. :D
So many places online are a sewer; this place isn't. No, I can't stick to talking about pipes and tobacco 100% of the time here any more than I could sitting at a B&M or at a pipe convention. So, sometimes an out-of-bounds thread gets shot down, sometimes they don't.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Sorry, Aldecaker. I wasn't singling you out. I meant anyone in general. Damned second and third person grammar....or whatever. :evil:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I seem to disagree with many if not most here about politics and probably religion. I stil havent left.
I like black...coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.