PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Sweet haul piggie. Thank you shain and whoever donated the presents. BTW, we're all coming over for poker.

woopigsooie

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Bring it on. And since you mentioned the poker table I'll tell you that I built it from scratch, I even sewed the cushion.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I just received my gift from shaintiques and the free pipe project today. Wow! I can't tell you how surprised I was to see a big box waiting for me when I got home from a shitty day at work. Inside was 6 tins of sutliff private stock blends, a bunch of baggies of other samples, a yello bole pipe tool, and two really cool pipes. One being this Pirate looking meerschaum, which is wicked cool because I am a die hard Pittsburgh Pirates fan! The other is apparently from a maker in Oklahoma that puts a "carburetor" in the stems. The little gold looking pin apparently draws air into the stem to provide a cooler smoke. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if anyone knows more about these pipes, please comment!
I plan on sharing these samples with a friend who is getting interested in pipe smoking too. Don't worry, I'll get him hooked ;)
Thanks again to all the supporters of this wonderfully thoughtful program!

vv

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Sweet. Thank you for the pictures, it looks like the gifts went to good homes.
@piggie: Nice job on the poker table! Even sewed the cushion. Sweet.
@mac: Some great pipes. I think I even like the carbureted Okie the best. I believe you misspelled Pirates though; it's spelled Rangers [weeps softly].
Hey, remember guys, Sutliff has started sending shain some tins each month for the FPP, so if any of you want to buy a couple of their tins you might not have otherwise...also shain's spending a significant amount of time and money cleaning the pipes and paying the postage...

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Hey guys I haven't been on in sometime due to getting ready to re-deploy back to the states but Shain did send my Men and I a package from the FPP awhile back although I believe I may have started a new thread with the photos and the thank you's rather than posting it on here so I apologize for that. Here is a picture of what Shain sent out to us and thanks again to all who donate and to Shain for all the time and effort put into helping new Pipers.
dscf1450-600x450.jpg

iliumneves

Lurker
Feb 10, 2014
Wonderful stuff as always. Some beautiful stuff in there. Fantastic work by all the donators and our wonderful facilitator.

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
I've been lurking here for a month or so since my brother-in-law got me hooked on smoking a pipe. So far I only have a MM Corn Cob and a cheapo Briar, and a few samples of various tobaccos my brother-in-law gave me to start. Now that I've been at it for a month or so, I'm going to start contributing to the forum so hopefully I can get on this list to take part in this awesome program! You guys are the best!

smoelf

Lurker
Aug 7, 2014
This is amazing!
I've been lurking the forum for about a year, since I started trying out pipe smoking, and I've noticed the friendly community, but this just blows me away. Really great project, and I wish you the best of luck with it.
I don't really qualify for a care package, even though I'm still very much a newbie, so I'll stick with asking for tobacco recommendations elsewhere :)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys, glad everyone is enjoying what they got. I wanted to offer up another option for candidates. Anyone who is at member status or higher who knows a new smoker personally or has converted someone, or has a pipe friend down on their luck in the pipe department could ask for a pipe or two and some tobacco. I've still got a whole pile of pipes that I am working on restoring. And they will need homes. The only requirement would be that you would have to post pics of them smoking said pipes.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
8FE0BFB0-A9F2-40E5-90BD-3C6749F86834-46557-000058579288335E_zps17d5301f.jpg
Hey Dave does this guy qualify, caught him trying to eat some shit in the yard, told him wait Buddy it can't be that bad, we got good shit in the free pipe project. He looks cagey, but I"ll take a chance on him if you will. :rofl:

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
shain, that is a great offer. I believe I mentioned to you that I have a friend that shares my pipes with me when we get together. He hasn't purchased anything on his own yet and I am already known as "the enabler/pusher" amongst my buddies. I was planning on buying him a MM cob eventually (because they're cheap and smoke great), but haven't gotten around to it yet. I already share tobacco with all my pipe smoking friends since we are all still experimenting with different types and figuring out what we like.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I wouldn't trust that dog shain. Shifty. Like his owner. Shiiifty.
@Bradley: He looks so sad (and beautiful) with the shock collar; can't you just hit him?

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
shaintiques, it looks like you sure are getting a lot of practice restoring pipes!! Once again great work here, you must feel like Santa!!!

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
I got my FPP package and was very excited to open it...see below for the goodies. A big THANK YOU!
The package. I got many baggie samples that I can not wait to try!

IEH087e.jpg

A close up of the pipes. I love the golden stem!

eOd4DdU.jpg

The obligitory enjoying my FPP.

yOXtdQY.jpg

Thank you very much folks... it is very much appreciated.

I would request that if someone recognizes those pipes ...I would love to hear their story and who donated them so I can PM you a thank you!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Both of those pipes came from Briarblues. And he sent quite a few of those golden stems to the project. Very nice little pipes from Iwan Ries. Thanks for posting pics.

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for the info shain! Will investigate further! I am hoping to make the L.A. pipe club meet on the 17th and I will be smoking them both!
www.losangelespipeclub.org

Status
Not open for further replies.