PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Whatever butter's your biscuit.
Another perennial musician who my previous post brought to mind is John Mayall. His stuff is what got me into jazz by following him through the blues and into his jazz blues fusion stage. A lot of famous people came up through the Bluesbreakers. Did a search on him and I was surprised to see he is still putting out music. I've seen him five times in a small local club.
Wiki:

In the 1960s, he was the founder of John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, a band which has counted among its members some of the most famous blues and blues rock musicians. They include Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Don "Sugarcane" Harris, Harvey Mandel, Larry Taylor, Aynsley Dunbar, Hughie Flint, Jon Hiseman, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Andy Fraser, Johnny Almond, Walter Trout, Coco Montoya, Kal David, and Buddy Whittington.
Best known for "Room To Move".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLp0AsKXMEs

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Some of my favorite bands/artists still rocking out.
Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, Testament, Exodus, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Carcass, Napalm Death, Deicide, Yngwie Malmsteen, King Diamond, Iced Earth, and many more.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
.. and still going strong
Lots of older musicians , but have you seen someone perform lately and go omg , they have perfected their sound
Like a fine wine , some of these iconic musicians have really hit their stride , some sound the best they ever have
Looking back at the original recordings and then 30 years later, the live versions are like silk ..

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I'd put Stevie Winwood on this list............ the guy just gets better and better..........
Well, I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time

And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The Eagles have had some attrition, but are touring with many of the original members and one Vince Gill.

Sir Paul?

I saw Jeff Beck along with Nicky Hopkins, Ron Wood, and Rod Stewart (performing songs from Truth) in '68, and again, Beck with BB King almost 50 yrs later.

Also, hat tip to John Fogerty.

Come on, how about some love for Stevie Wonder? For once in your life.

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Haha, the title of the thread includes "favorite musicians" but people are looking up performers to see if they're still alive?
Rush

Pat Metheny

Ron Carter

Phil Collins
Didn't Rush stop touring after 2015?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paul McCartney? My mother in law saw him a few years ago and said he was great. He is just starting a new tour now I think.
I would have loved to see him with Wings in the late 70s, but I wasn't even born yet.

viesturs

Lurker
Aug 27, 2018
Paul McCartney..ex beatle the guys is still going he is here in concert soon. Not really a fav of mine but hes in his 70s. Also Burton Cummings from the Guess Who..Canadian band..is coming here also not a spring chicken either. Carlos Santana is still going too i think..saw him couple years ago the guy can still pull a chord.

Status
Not open for further replies.