PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2018
Has anyone mentioned Dead & Company? Maybe I'm the only "DeadHead" but half of the Grateful Dead are still out there playing so I believe they should be on the list.
Edit:

Must've overlooked that, someone did mention.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Oops , rod stewart , another obvious one overlooked
Shout out for Johnny winter , Srv , John lee hooker .. gone but not forgotten , fortunate enough for us to have been captured in their prime

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Hey , who remembers jerry granelli .. everyone that’s who
He played drums in the Vince guaraldi trio
Has a new album out with bill frisell and robben ford ( still touring )

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Maybe I'm the only "DeadHead"
You are not.
Others I would add would be Tedeschi Trucks Band, Paul McCartney, Chris Robinson. All good and all touring.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Robben Ford , mind bending wizardry in minor chords , for the uninitiated try “ talk to your daughter” or “help the poor”
.. double oops , forgot Ron wood

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
4 of the original members of Chicago from the late 60’s are still touring with the band sometimes - Robert Lamm, James Pankow, Lee Loughnane, and Walt Parazadier. I’m a jazz fan and Herb Alpert recently out out some new music.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Vera Lynn. I'm sure MSO's grandparents liked her.
Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that we would meet again

Some sunny day?
Vera! Vera!

What has become of you?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Judas Priest was born around the time I was in '69.
In '84, a high school classmate gave me a worn cassette copy of Screaming For Vengeance. I was amazed and captivated with Halford's vocals and the guitar work of Tipton and Downing, often swapping leads mid-riff.
From 1974's Rocka Rolla to last year's Firepower, I've been bangin' my head like Beavis for decades now. Their pre-80's stuff is quite different and worth backtracking to.
Halford, with his 4 octave voice, seemed to be fading for a year or two, but has whipped himself back into prime condition lately.
Witness the rise from a guttural growl to beyond the rafters from the then 65 year old Metal God two years ago.
HALLS OF VALHALLA
I sense some Sad Wings Of Destiny in my near future...
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Emmylou Harris had a theater scholarship at UNC-Greensboro the year before my late wife had the same scholarship. My wife transferred into English and made a career of it. I like Emmylou's work. She gave my late wife tips on navigating the theater department; maybe that's why my wife left it! Emmylou seems to have had an excellent career but a somewhat difficult personal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.