Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Nope.
If you do, cool. If it adds to your experience in a positive way cool.

If one were truly concerned to the point of worrying about their pulmonary/cardiovascular health and the effects of smoking tobacco, I doubt they’d be seeking out and enjoying forums such as this, they’d probably not be building campfires of tobacco, the exhaust of which is directly connected in any way shape or form to their air intake apparatus in the first place.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I never need to use a pipe cleaner mid smoke because the stem stays clean and dry. Post smoke it barely darkens a white pipe cleaner. I can use a pipe cleaner a dozen smokes if I use a different one for the stumel.

But I do have some pipes I love that dont take a filter.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
First off, they aren’t filters, per se, because smoke passes over them, not through them. At least with the balsa wood ones.

I have a few pipes that take them, and they work well to reduce moisture. They help give a better smoke, no matter what tobacco I smoke. There are several older threads on the same subject here, I’ll try to find the one that went in-depth about filter vs absorbent.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Next question should be if people who dont use filters have tried them :)
I have tried charcoal filters, balsa and those that come in corn cobs and I felt they restricted the draw too much for me and muted the flavors but if anyone likes them then go for it. Just not for me.

Reactions: sardonicus87

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, here's the "filter" post that I was thinking of....

But there are a LOT MORE!

_MG_9769_edit-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.