PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bpinkstaff

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
I smoke every bowl in different briar pipe, using 9mm filters and changing them after every bowl. The same pipe smoked twice or a filter used twice in a row doesn't feel as tasty as everything fresh. It's just me. If you can't tell the difference it probably doesn't matter.
However sometimes I smoke a meerschaum pipe for days and I don't detect any changes in taste.
Can you tell me more about the 9mm filter and the use of?

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
Can you tell me more about the 9mm filter and the use of?
It looks quite nasty after a smoke and I'm happy that all that brown stinky stuff doesn't end in my mouth.
The biggest advantage for using filters is that they absorb the moisture. Being a wet smoker I always have problems with gurgling and condensation in the stem. While gurgling can be compensated with a pipe cleaner, getting that liquid in the mouth feels really gross and with using filters my smokes are dry, tasty and pleasant. They also prevent eventual tongue bite.
Why 9mm? Because they work for me. And because they are "chambered" in 9mm. 6mm works too but sometimes they clog up.

Reactions: Piping Abe

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I've been smoking whatever I feel as of late. It's been liberating! Every so often I'll deep clean with rum, but simply using some pipe cleaners after a smoke does the trick. At the end of the day all my pipes get rest at one point or another.

Thanks for everyone's replies and help!

Reactions: FLDRD

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I tend to smoke the same pipe until it becomes repugnant, then realize I should clean it and let it rest for a while. If I had to take a pipe apart and clean it after every bowl, I would be exclusively a cigar smoker. I do bathe daily, though, if anyone wonders.