PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Main reason for resting your pipe is if you’re a wet smoker, and your pipe starts to sour.
If not, then no reason not to smoke it several times

I rotate my pipes because it is fun to do so.
Likewise with tobacco. 😁

Reactions: luigi and FLDRD

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I’ve tried but it’s just too much effort. I smoke what I want when I want and in what I want at that particular time. I do however rest them for at-least 24 hrs and tend to grab a different pipe for every smoke and dedicate several to specific blends. I find it funny that my favorite smokers are those that I’ve smoked everything possible in and neglected the most😂

Reactions: luigi

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I smoke whatever pipe I want whenever I feel like it with no regard for rest time or rotation.
I do keep them separated into 4 categories however. Lakeland, latakia, aromatic, and VA/VAPer/Burley.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Not really. Grab what I feel like at any given time.
I’ve found that cobs actually get crappy quicker than my briars.
Most often I carry two pipes 4 days a week and smoke 5-6 bowls a day. Pipe cleaner and stem wipe after most smokes, and a swabbing dampened with everclear if they’re used hard.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Like many have said already, I grab the pipe that catches my eye at the time. Sometimes I'll smoke back-to-back bowls in a pipe. Sometimes I'll smoke the same pipe a few hours later. But I always do two things after smoking: 1. "Ream" the bowl with a rolled up paper towel after smoking and 2. Leave a pipe cleaner in the pipe to absorb any moisture.

Reactions: luigi and PaulRVA

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
I just grab whichever pipe catches my fancy or a particular pipe because it is dedicated to a type of blend I'm in the mood for. Currently I usually smoke only one bowl a day but if I am smoking multiples I tend to stick with the same combo.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I just smoke whatever I want. If its the same pipe for a month I don't care. Im sure it's best not to for the 100% best experience, but smoking the pipe I like to smoke is part of the experience.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
If I’m exclusively smoking briar for the day (which is rare for me at this moment because I’m going through a serious meerschaum phase) I will smoke 2 different briars and alternate between smokes so that they each have time to dry out.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I smoke multiple bowls a day, with multiple pipes. Some pipes may be used only once during the day; some may see action several times. All pipes will get several days rest after use.