PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodrich

Lurker
Jun 28, 2012
I picked up a pocket tin of revelation on ebay a few years ago for 40 bucks. It was worth it.

Other recent ebay acquisitions: vintage John Rolphe pouch, vintage Mixture 79 pouch, vintage Velvet pocket tin. The JR and 79 I smoked right out of the pouch. Amazing they kept their humidity level for 40 years. These were sans bar code so probably before 1975. The velvet was good too; plain but good. The 79 was quite different than the stuff of today. It had a uniform color, chunkier cut, and more developed smell. Also a few years ago I acquired a tub of John Rolphe from Johnathan Robert Fielding & Co. of St. Paul, MN. Had been on the shelf for sometime.

fyrefawkes

Lurker
Jun 18, 2012
Dr. Brown's Burley Blend, used to be available through pipesandcigars.com (blended by LongLost00 for a contest run by said site), but has since sold out with no plans to offer it again.

I really enjoy this blend but don't have much of it left and was wondering if any of you fellas have suggestions for a tobacco with the same or very similar qualities.

Here's a link to the tobacco review:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=D&TID=5133
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, guys.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have not tried the following but you might want to see if they are close to what you are looking for.
Wessex Burley Broadcut
Wessex Burley Slice
C&D Burley Flake #1
Burley Flake #3
All of these are from very good houses.
I do stock Solani Aged Burley Flake as my only Burley blend. I might try the Wessex Burley's because of my fondness for their Campaign Brigade Dark Flake.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
As a treat to himself around christmas time, m father used to switch from his (then) usual Middleton Apple/Capt Black to a Peach Brandy blend (also a Middleton?). This guy doesn't get excited about anything but he got pretty fired up about this. I would love to be able to either find it or something close for him. Any ideas?

Jul 12, 2011
IwanRies has some SG blends in-stock, some with a per customer

limit, some without...a lil more pricey per tin...but I find myself

ordering there when I really have to have my SG blend fix ;-)

wgulliver

Lurker
Feb 7, 2016
I am looking for Drew Estate - Central Park Stroll. It is my favorite blend and has run out faster than I thought it would. I am happy to purchase any and all quantities!

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I do miss Ferndown Mild Brown.

And for some strange reason I'd like to find a sealed tin of Flying Dutchman.

Status
Not open for further replies.