PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Gentlemen: parklanetobacconist.com seems to have ONE tin of lane Rum and Maple/Blend No.53, for those who value and miss this old stand-by.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Hi Peace. A little error there in the last post. For amphora green try epuff.com. Saw it in a search a while back. Can't say I've done business with them, but have received tobacco by post from Canada without problem. Good luck!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
hauntedmyst,

Earlier this week when I was at Havana House and they had several different tins of Paul Olsen's there. Next time I'm there (knowing me it'll be sometime next week), I'll look for the 7000. Any others I should be looking for?
-Jason

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Gentlemen: again at parklanetobacconist.com, under old time favorites, on page 3, there appears to be ONE tin of V.I.P. for sale. A long discontinued blend for all of you who value the old drugstore stand-bys.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Whos hiding the Field & Stream?
Chuckw? unclearthur? Im betting you two are holding out!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Cool! I like that place even though they are more focused on cigars. Their selection of tins is slim, so I don't go there too often. They are, however. wiling to order stuff if they don't have it so its not all bad.
-Jason

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Flanative, I have heard that Sutliff's Private Stock: Great Outdoors is alot like the Field and Stream... I bought an 8oz. tin of it, once it sits for a month or so I will open it up get some to you!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I saw House of Windsor Field & Stream at Dewey Ave Smokeshop a few weeks ago. They also had Argosy Black, Barking Dog, Bond Street (maybe it was Bourbon Street), Briggs, and Country Doctor. Possibly Mapleton... Sorry hobie, no Revelation...
-Jason

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
The title of this thread "Discontinued/Hard-to-Find Blends: Search and Found", reminded me of something. When we moved to this house about 9 years ago, there was a box of stuff that "vanished" (a nice word meaning probably stolen by the moving men). In that box were 13, 50gr., unopened cans of Sullivan's Special Mixture. I've hunted high and low and they're gone. Value: over $100. a can! I hope the bastards choked on it!
Link showing what they look like...

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-tin-sullivans-special-mixture-smoking

May 19, 2010
-.- ... (must not contemplate acts of violence against moving professionals)
searock at a value of around $1,300 dollars I would contact the moving company as they should be insured. It is amazing just how quickly lost items can be found when such actions are taken.
That is of course as long as this was fairly recent... usually with in a month or two something can be arranged.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Gentlemen: as of this morning, 10-1, Samual Gawaith is "in" in bulk at Payless pipes! Limited selection, but squadron leader is among them.
Cheers!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Excellent. might get the SL from here, since I had a good experience with a small amount a year or so ago.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
cortezattic,

Whilst trolling through "the bay" I came across this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOBRANIE-RESERVE-BLEND-PIPE-TOBACCO-UNOPEN-TIN-/260695243749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2a5bbe5#ht_500wt_1156
Maybe this is what you're looking for?
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.