PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Here's a bump for some of our newer members who may be on the lookout for something they can't find locally or online...
-Jason

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I can get most Samuel Gawith blends at my local B&M for anyone who is interested.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
FYI, Nat Sherman is discontinuing their blend #205, VaPer flake. It's a ripe-as-hell, dark black flake, redolent with that ketchupy aroma and a good solid VaPer on its own, though I've discovered it's dang near sublime blended with Sterling's Sweet Briar (heresy, I know). It's only available in the store, and luckily I live near it. If anyone has a hankering for this before it's gone the way of the dodo, PM me and I'll see about buying up the last couple pounds of it.

kevincardiff

Lurker
May 24, 2011
Hi, Everyone:
Here's a stumper for you. Has anyone heard of, or know, if this blend is available? It's called Punchestown Races. I last smoked it in the late 70s. It was a rather full English mixture, and rough cut - meant for smoking outdoors. Any info would be helpful.
Kevin Cardiff

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Can't find any reference to Punchestown Races pipe tobacco on the internet. I'm afraid that it is another blend lost to the ages. Do you remember who the blender was?

kevincardiff

Lurker
May 24, 2011
Hi, papipeguy:
I don't remember the name of the blender, but I'm pretty sure they were based in Dublin. I'll try to get more info from the internet.
Kevin Cardiff

gottagotogrow

Lurker
May 27, 2011
As of Memorial Day at 1242 am, lilbrown.com and abnersworld.com both have Penzance for sale. Abner's also has Germain's Special Latakia Flake, too. Found this out by shopwiki.com which punches up the prices....a great tool for a surfing pipe smoker.

gottagotogrow

Lurker
May 27, 2011
As of Memorial Day at 1242 am, lilbrown.com and abnersworld.com both have Penzance for sale. Abner's also has Germain's Special Latakia Flake, too. Found this out by shopwiki.com which punches up the prices....a great tool for a surfing pipe smoker.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Since this thread has kinda fallen off and we've had a large influx of new members, I'm going to
BUMP
-Jason

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
My pop told me of a blend that his brother told him about a good many years ago called "Golden Son(or sun I'm not sure)". I'm not even overly sure of the name but if it sounds familiar to you I'd sure like to get it or something like it for him to have.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow baskerville! That IS quite a collection! Thanks for teasing us! The only ones on that list that I've been interested in trying were Bohemian Scandal (more for the Holmes reference) and Mephisto. When the zombies are trying to beat your door down, I'll be digging in your back yard to get to your stash! LOL!
-Jason

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I bought 8oz of Penzance at LJ Peretti's on Teusday. I'm hoping to have it for the weekend.
Also, here's someone selling an unopened pack of Balkan Sobraine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Balkan-Sobranie-50g-collectible-Package-/320748388927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aae18023f
FYI, I have no connection with the ebay listing.
Cheers,

Craig

torcoman

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Capstan please. I would love to smoke it the blue tin(medium/original) nowhere to be found except 2 sites which i dont know if i can trust them.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Personally looking for W.O. Larson 2010. I wish I had bought some when it was out! If someone finds some, please let me know, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.