PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
First off, words don't make you gay, wanting to have sex with men makes you gay. Secondly, who gives a shit if you are gay or straight anyway. Third, I think the biggest sign that you are a "full grown man" is not caring about what other people think makes you a full grown man.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
First off, words don't make you gay, wanting to have sex with men makes you gay. Secondly, who gives a shit if you are gay or straight anyway. Third, I think the biggest sign that you are a "full grown man" is not caring about what other people think makes you a full grown man.
Yep, what he said.
Using the word, "cute" is perfectly acceptable male behavior when applied in person to the sniveling, snot nosed, defecating bundle of drool that is your boss' latest addition to the population, and may be de rigeur for occasions involving your introduction your brother's, sister's, or close friend's brand new similarly described grandchild.
Isn't it just too too divine to share with all of you these marvelous and scintillating topics of conversation? It's just so, so spiffy and squishy.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Somehow, "that's a cute pipe" just doesn't do it for me. "Isn't that sweet" is another phrase.
Having several "across the pond" friends that use the words"lovely" and "brilliant" is a bit odd at first. But when it comes from a 6' rugby player, or a 5'6" Irishman, somehow it works.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Dialog is a powerful characterization tool. Look how much we just learned about one another. Pretty soon we'll be able to pin responses to a poster without seeing a user name on it.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Third, I think the biggest sign that you are a "full grown man" is not caring about what other people think makes you a full grown man.
But telling others what you think it is anyway. It's sort of egocentric like that. Cute point.
LOL

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"I think the biggest sign that you are a "full grown man" is not caring about what other people think makes you a full grown man."
Amen, Phil.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Can't you just picture John Wayne swaggering up to a woman and saying, "Hey there little lady, that's a mighty cute parasol you have there!" Hell, with the Duke, it almost works!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Aw, come on, junkyarddawg, I'm quite certain that 12pups was just havin' a little fun. No harm, no foul... no rules, just right... it's all good. ;-)
Cute too. :lol:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I believe as a man if you have to watch what you say then you really aren't a man. 12 pups I like your observations makes me think, something my wife says I am encapable of. :clap:

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
*taps nose at apatim*
I'm just having a giggle, you silly man. Never "called for" dialog with my post. But look what we got!
Tiny topic. Huge reaction. I had thought people would just see it and go "hmmph," then pass it up to something more interesting. Not worthy of comment.
We can't have this many people willing to take life based on the desire to protect cute as a manly word. What I think is happening instead is a reaction to the idea that there even is a shared definition of manhood. Nobody wants anyone fencing that in. I'm still sorting out what other hidden buttons got pushed.
Then, too, ... this is the Web. This is what happens in threads. The original post becomes less important than the complex entanglements the responses create. Develops its own momentum and power, until people are investing more in their responses than the original post deserved, and which might embarrass them a bit later. LIke an eBay bidding war where bidders get wrapped up in the auction and pay way more than the item was worth.
Such is Web life.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Ha, 12pups, you were watching me bid on ebay last night, eh?
I must confess that under the influence of a bit more than one bourbon, I have "invested" in items unworthy of the price paid.
...such is life. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.