PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Well handled, Mr. Reeves, C&D and Laudisi.
Glitches happen, especially when one is pushing the envelope.
Looks like no one will be damaged by this and we can go back to hoarding it...

May 4, 2015
I'm not going to send it back without opening it. I'll put it all in a jar and let it age where I can keep a watchful eye on it.
Excellent job making it right, C&D. Can't ask for more than a postage-paid, no-questions-asked refund/exchange. Things happen!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Yep, it's sad that this happened - but we know it's an organic compound and it can happen. The team there at C&D is continuing to have good customer service by ensuring they make it right. My advice is pop your tops, drop in mason jars and look for mold. Some of the guys on reddit posted that the tin numbers of the ones that had mold were in the 2300's - out of 2400 sooo it could just be a smaller batch of tins.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
What would cause the mold? Is it possible it is only on a small number? Or is it the leaf used? How about other blends, should we keep an eye out for all C&D blends or just this small batch release?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've never had mold on a C&D blend and I smoke a ton of them, so, I wouldn't worry.
C&D will conduct its own internal investigation, but my guess is it's a problem with some of the leaf only.
Since most of the people buying Red Carolina report zero mold, that hypothesis most closely fits the data that I can see.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Made the decision to send my 12 tins back. Can't cellar them knowing their is a good possibility of mold spores inside

jeremyreeves

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2015
I got mine at P&C so should I contact them for a return?
If you've got a tin or tins of Carolina Red Flake that you don't want, if it has (or they have) got mold in it, or you're concerned there might be mold in it/them, or if you just don't want the tin(s) anymore for any reason, contact Laudisi Distribution Group (sales@laudisi.com, 843-491-4150) and we'll pay to have the tin(s) sent back to us, and we'll give you your money back or, if you'd prefer, give you replacement tin(s) of some other pipe tobacco blend we make.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
That is very good of Cornell & Diehl to make this right! You can tell that everyone there is very passionate about what they do and I really appreciate that as a customer. I know I'll continue to buy tins from them, in fact I just put in s very large order of some Pease and C&D blends. Thank you all!

May 4, 2015
I'll bet they're very disappointed. You try and do something great and put all this work in and something like this happens. I feel for the folks at C&D, honestly.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Interesting dilemma, cellar them and hope nothing happens to your particular tins or send them back for a refund and the good tins turn out in 10 years to be stellar or open them all to check and if good jar them but now you don't have the sealed tins to resell in 15 years for $10,000.00 each because they are now stellar.
Mr. Reeves, C&D and Laudisi have stepped up and will make things right and thanks for that.
Now since I have thrown thousands away in the stock market over the years and made some dumber and costly moves over the years, I will keep my tins for the future and it's only $50.00 for the 5 tins. I will open one tins every five years and await the surprise, good or bad.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Now since I have thrown thousands away in the stock market over the years and made some dumber and costly moves over the years, I will keep my tins for the future and it's only $50.00 for the 5 tins.
:rofl:
Yes, the same. I'm going to stay long my 10 tins also. :wink:

May 4, 2015
How long did it take to mold after you jarred it? I just jarred mine (which looked fine when I opened it) and am wondering how long I need to stare at it before I can give it the "all clear".

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Opened mine, smoked a bowl, it looked fine. Sitting in a jar right now. I'm hoping I'm all clear. I really want to see what this blend is like after some aging.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have an email into Laudisi for clarification on their return policy in this instance. I am expecting to hear back with the details tomorrow. I will make sure to post their reply here for anyone who is curious.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I received a sample of this stuff this weekend and I just got done with my first bowl. I really wish I could have gotten ahold of a few of these tins, it's a delicious smoke. It's what I was hoping McCranies Red Flake tasted like, it's sweet and creamy, just delicious!

What will happen to the tins that are being returned? My hope is that you all open and inspect the tins and repackage and sell the tobacco that has not been tainted by mold spores. I know that I would surely buy a few tins of this stuff and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.