Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
The most I have spent on Bourbon was a $200 bottle for the bourbon tasting club I was in. Turns out that the more expensive a bottle is, the more it burns my freakin' throat. The cheaper it is, the easier it is to drink. Go figure.
I’m guessing you never had McCormick Green Label. It’s no longer made, I’m pretty sure its use was deemed a war crime. It was about as smooth as off-road diesel… 😂

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Or worse, I've heard rumours of cognac and coke being popular in asia.
A favorite if mine, I was introduced to the drink by some special forces, Green Berets" types, in the sixties. Martel and coke, ummmm. "Good" cognac wasn't used, to my knowledge, just the "cheap" stuff, lower level Martel and, a favorite, Courvoisier VS, were the favorites.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'll pass, but how much time huffing the fumes will $250 get me?

You better just stick with Hennigan's.

0wv64t4u7cb61.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If the market in premium Scotch is that strong and is trending up, the only thing to do is resell it and keep yourself in luxuries for the foreseeable future. If the market is trending down, prepare for bankruptcy.

I think these kinds of prices are geared to people who have hit some kind of artery of cash and just can't figure out how to spend it.

It wold be more seemly to found a scholarship program and educate the youth of world, if anyone is interested in that. Otherwise, it may be Scotch away.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
one booze collector big spender told me ain't better just rarer.
Reminds me of Esoterica blends.

And for those saying Scotch is overpriced these days, some of it is. But you can get some amazing bottles in the $35-$50 range. Granted, you can also get some more amazing bottles in the $150-$300 range too . . . There's a good bottle out there for every budget.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Terrible image of some nouveau-riche billionaire drinking the whole bottle "rocks". <cringe> Or worse, I've heard rumours of cognac and coke being popular in asia. God forbid that happens with scotch, too.
Actually, cognac and coke is very popular among rap artists in US. Some cognac distilleries were actually making commercials to attract rap listeners.

I do prefer my drinks neat with drop or two spring water, but after half dozen of it, who cares what goes into it?

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Single malts are too expensive now days. Bushmills are still affordable. So I stick with Irish whiskey now days.
I've always preferred Irish to Scotch too.

About a hundred years ago, we did the tour of the Bushmills distillery, just outside Dublin. The lady who was hosting us at the time explained that Jameson, Bushmills, et al were all distilled three times.

...to be sure, to be sure, to be sure... said in an Irish lilt.🥃

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Mar 1, 2014
If the market in premium Scotch is that strong and is trending up, the only thing to do is resell it and keep yourself in luxuries for the foreseeable future. If the market is trending down, prepare for bankruptcy.

I think these kinds of prices are geared to people who have hit some kind of artery of cash and just can't figure out how to spend it.

It wold be more seemly to found a scholarship program and educate the youth of world, if anyone is interested in that. Otherwise, it may be Scotch away.
With the condition of modern schools, the Scotch is more worthwhile than an education fund.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
With the condition of modern schools, the Scotch is more worthwhile than an education fund.
There are still schools, at least in God’s own Ozarks, that still require their students not only read but discuss and understand Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

IMG_5225.jpeg

I was privileged to read that book at home, and at church, and at school.

The kids who didn’t read it at home or church at least knew what a tulip bulb mania was if they paid attention at school.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Every money mania and scam and scheme we see today is very old.