PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I noticed Sante Giuliani AKA fishnbanjo's collection is starting to hit Ebay, if you are interested...

May they each find good homes.

I miss Fish. My first conversation with him was whether his picture in his avatar was him or someone famous, because it just reminded me of someone, but I could figure out who. And, he replied that he was always being asked if he was a movie star, ha ha.
I need to get in on these bids, although, I have never won an ebay bid. I kinda hate to drive up the price by getting in, but hopefully the money goes to his family.

Reactions: gamzultovah

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
A plus side with a collection that large is hopefully we can all pick something up. There's a few up right now that have my interest but there are also many others that will hopefully be available as well. A guy could go broke if not careful.

There is one specific one I hope becomes available that I have admired since he first posted it. I'll be watching for it for sure.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I doubt any pipes will "slip through" at a complete bargain, but I wonder if all of the high end pipes will start at $50? That seems quite low for a number of his pipes.

Sometimes, I think, a pipe needs to sit for awhile to find the right buyer at the right price (from a seller's perspective). You're probably not going to have enough eyeballs, let alone people with enough cash to maximize the true worth of a collection like this if it's blasted out all at once.

This was my very limited experience, but if I hadn't waited for the month I did to sell one of mine, I would have left a few hundred bucks on the table.

I'm not sure all high end pipes benefit from a straight auction style.

Tough auction, especially here with the emotional component a number of people will have. Would be nice for people here who had a connection to him to afford a memory of Fish, but on the other hand, if his family needed or wanted the money, it's maybe not ideal for them in a number of examples that will come out.

I forgot to add that a number of the pictures don't look very good. I hope whoever is organizing this knows what they are doing.

Reactions: gamzultovah

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks for the heads up Don. Fish put together a remarkable collection. Alas I find myself expatriated from America these days! I hope some forum members win some of his pipes and, perhaps, post about it. Keep it smokey!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.