PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
alexl, you could have bought this Savinelli for a heck of a lot less and it is in pristine condition. I will always look to see if I can buy an estate pipe before a new one when dealing with factory pipes. Bond St is known for really high prices.

http://briarblues.com/gl006.htm
peck, that pipe is definitely you. lol

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My most expensive pipe is my Tsuge Mizki Dublin, it retails for $120 and I got it on sale at smoking pipes for $65 IIRC. It is my best smoker.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
My two most expensive pipes were both commissions.
Michael Parks billiard.

IMAG1460-1.jpg

Rolando Negoita Conducta.

IMAG1838-1.jpg

These days, my best smoker is a pre-war Comoy's Extraordinaire with SOTE.
IMAG0686-1.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I don't know the exact retail price of these (I bought them as estates), but similar pipes by Elliott Nachwalter retail for $400-600. I bought the Dublin for about $125 and the apple for about $150.
Now, are they my best smokers? The Dublin is one of my two best pipes for VA's -- FVF is heavenly in this pipe. The apple I had to open up the draft on, but it's now in my top 5 I'd say. Regardless, they have the most comfortable stems in my collection -- hands down.
nachwalter-apple-dublin-001-600x400.jpg

nachwalter-apple-dublin-002-600x400.jpg

One of my best smokers is a Kai Nielsen. Similar pipes retail for around $300. I bought it new, but only paid $57 for it. OK, I did have to spring for a 9mm filter adapter, but it was a great deal. And yes, it is one of my best smokers -- perhaps the best.
kai-n-2-600x282.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I bought this Larry Roush rusticated billiard from Premal Cheddah at Smoker's Haven. It's not my favorite finish (I would have preferred one of his blasts) but it's hard to find one of Larry's pipes at ANY price, let alone one that's this long. I paid probably a third of it's worth.
5LarryRoush.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
What's really odd about my Asshton is that my wife scolds me for not putting the windscreen down, while I much prefer to leave it up.
Nice pipes guys. That Dunhill just screams foggy and I love the Roush long billiard.
Kashmir, as you know, I have had my eye on one of those reverse calabash pipes for some time, and yours is a real beauty.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Awesome pipes guys....

Here are mine:
With the exception of the little Ardor in the center ($60 or there abouts)

From top right clockwise: (all approximations)

Ascorti New Line $375 in 1977

Bjarne Flame Grain $250 in 1976

(5C) Claudio Cavicchi Volcano $350 in 1990

Mark Tinksy American Clabash $350 in 1977

dafavorites-1-600x450.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, this is a real drool page.
Fish - really curious to know about your Ivarsson. A gorgeous pipe from a legend.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
This is an awesome thread, and is stirring unwanted PAD in me. (Must refocus on TAD!)
Also, this must be acknowledged...
That Asshton is awesome deal. I have one too, except mine has a crack in it.
Well done!

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
A MM Ozark Mountain Hardwood...straight. $9.95..._I'm such an envious noob at this point, but I'm anticipating my future adventures thanks to these post!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Peck,

The Sixten was a private sale, I'd been on the hunt for a bit and as a rule blasts, rusticated etc with bamboo are my soft spots, the majority of the Sixten pipes I've seen have been billiard bowls as my Chonowitsch is. When the Bamboo Prince was offered I simply said sold, no I'll get back to you or anything else, it is not an often seen combo by any maker let alone a legend and by far the best hanging pipe with a thin bit.
Oldman,

Hell, had I said what are your best smoking pipes a cob would always be in that list!

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
My most valuable pipe is my Cornelius Manz, however, I paid less for it then it is worth. I bought it new as well. If I tossed it on Ebay, I venture to say around $1000 unsmoked, however, I paid only %40 of that. My roush is my lost expensive, I paid $515 shipped new, and yes, it is one of my two best smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.