PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
I have three that I seem to smoke regularly in the am:

GL Pease Cairo
A mix of Daughters and Ryan Ramback and Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Dark Bird's Eye (3/1 ratio).
GH& Co. Kendall Mixed

Reactions: Annaresti Red

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Some of youse guys are nicotine addicts! I'm appalled!

Seriously, I've never felt the urge to smoke before lunch. Generally, I smoke at night, as heavily as I can. But if I were to consider a morning smoke, I'm pretty sure it would be Carter Hall. Discovered a five-year-old tub in the back of a closet, and I now alternate it with everything else. In other words, it makes up 50% of my smoking. I just don't remember it tasting this good. Does aging help burley? Thought that was a Virginia thing. And the scent is nothing like I remember from decades ago. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, etc.

In any event, after reading this thread, maybe I'll give a morning pipe a shot, at the risk of contracting too-much-of-a-good-thing syndrome. You all are a great influence on this pure, innocent lad.

Reactions: Annaresti Red

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Not being a nic hound at any point in the day, I'll start with a milder English crossover with my coffee. At the present that means Eastfarthing or Smokers Mystery from Just for Him, which has a little more latakia (and is nice at $36/lb). I'll migrate toward more traditional English/Balkans and then maybe indulge in some Kentucky Dreamin' with SPC Bourbon Barrel or set sail with the rummy crew of the Black Frigate (of course with corresponding grog).

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Some of youse guys are nicotine addicts! I'm appalled!

Seriously, I've never felt the urge to smoke before lunch. Generally, I smoke at night, as heavily as I can. But if I were to consider a morning smoke, I'm pretty sure it would be Carter Hall. Discovered a five-year-old tub in the back of a closet, and I now alternate it with everything else. In other words, it makes up 50% of my smoking. I just don't remember it tasting this good. Does aging help burley? Thought that was a Virginia thing. And the scent is nothing like I remember from decades ago. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, etc.

In any event, after reading this thread, maybe I'll give a morning pipe a shot, at the risk of contracting too-much-of-a-good-thing syndrome. You all are a great influence on this pure, innocent lad.
Many years ago I also found a tub of Carter Hall in my closet. It had been there probably 5 years or maybe more. Best smoke I ever had. I went through that tub like there was no tomorrow. I'd put my current tub of Carter Hall away for just as long, but being 74 yrs old and my health is not all that great, I'll continue to smoke it.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
I think I prefer the morning bowl than the evening one and sometimes I may pass on the second, I don't smoke more.
And it will be mostly sweet aromatics in the morning with a double greek/turkish cofee with spices - no sugar.
From time to time it can also be a yellow Capstan or Orlik golden sliced.