PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
My first pipe was a Paronelli, purchased from a shop in Pordenone, Italy (April/May 1994) a few weeks after the
31st Fighter Wing was activated at Aviano Air Base.

The pipe sustained irreparable damage, upon my receiving confirmation of a downed Triple Nickle F-16
(555th Fighter Squadron) from the sky over Bosnia.

Reactions: dcon

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
Well, embarrassed to say... my first was this ebony wood Whitluck Tobacco Pipe I found on Amazon for $23, including the pipe, a Czech tool, a stand, and some pipe cleaners. The only thing I still use is the stand and the Czech tool. Pretty pipe, but heavy and not very fun to smoke.

Attachments

• 1st Pipe.jpg
    1st Pipe.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 4

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Some "cool blue" thing about 1999 that I wouldn't give a 2nd look at today. It might have been French. Don't remember the tobacco I tried to use in it but I didn't "take" to it very well. Don't know if I threw it away or where it went to. I tried again about 19 years later and am having more success this time. The first ones I bought the 2nd time around were Pear wood from Eastern Europe via Etsy.

Feb 26, 2024
Los Angeles
My first pipe is a no name basket pipe I picked up in college back in 2009. I still have it and smoke it every now and then. It isn’t the best pipe but it’s reliable and well worth the $20 I spent on it.