PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I think having to face gross loss of property makes people permanently prepared for it in the future.
That said you miss the heirlooms and apart from my instruments the only things I care about are things I put so much of myself into because I have every intention of passing them down to my son (should I ever get around to even dating again so as to have one heh heh).

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Not at all caliguy. I'd save my cats and then try to save the other people in the building. I realized quite young that if you try to own things, they own you. I enjoy the objects that stay in my orbit, and enjoy more that they are constantly in flux. I've also done a lot of moving, around the country and around the world, so don't think twice about getting rid of everything I have--I've done it a number of times.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
It's funny,....after reading about all the awesome toys everyone has and thinking it's cool that you would be sure you tried to keep them from harm,.....after twenty four years on the fire dept and a thousand house fires the ONLY thing I've ever seen anyone carry out are their pets. No kidding.
My pets are always out in the yard, so I'd grab my Strat and Ovation, and a box of very old photos.

Oh and a pipe and a six pack o' beer,...cause you're gonna be standing out in the yard for pretty much the rest of the day.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I can understand that, sort-of. I don't have any pets but I wouldn't leave something that could feel pain behind if I knew it were there all the same. If it came down to a fire though I'd nab my old teddy, my pipes and the small tin of pipe and cigarette tobacco I keep lying around for when I'm in a hurry. Everything else could be replaced in a pinch.
Though if I ever get the money to acquire good instruments, my acoustic violin would be coming with me --- the others just aren't practical to carry out of a burning building unless you've got time for multiple trips .. . which if you did then the fire would prolly be small enough to put out yourself with the garden hose . . .

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
after twenty four years on the fire dept and a thousand house fires the ONLY thing I've ever seen anyone carry out are their pets

Interesting note, Tommy--and it restores just a tiny bit of my faith in humanity.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
my .45 with accessories.

180386_188286904536913_100000668141632_534802_8205671_n.jpg

for those who might get curious on the .45 accessories...

rifle items installed:

180790_188288857870051_100000668141632_534843_2457433_n.jpg

my wife.
168398_191616364199593_100000536911963_624999_5932778_n.jpg

and for my hard to believe valued item:

My 1986 S-10 I use for a farm tractor. The electric sleeve hitch I purchased for my lawn tractor can be used on my S-10 for harder heavier duty chores. Mounts front or rear with a 2" box hitch. Way cool for what I do. *Chuckles*

picture.php

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
been really grateful to have latched onto the 1943 RCA Ubangi bass cabinet that I have loaded with 2- JBL 15" woofers....it is just so stinkin loud in the garage system. I have it crossed over @ 400 hz to my mid/tweeter open baffle cabinets.

P1030511.jpg

P1030512.jpg

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Yep, the pooch needs to get out with me, everything else is replaceable. They made hundreds of whatever I have the day I purchased them. The only other thing would be the computer, if time permits.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One of my most valued possessions is on my left hand, not in it.
(hint, not the $5 watch)
HPIM0480.jpg

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
What do you mean what type of trumpet do I play? I still have the same trumpet that I started out with as a little kid. It was one my father gave me, he had bought it years before I was ever born for my older brother and I guess he was a faliure at it. It's a silver trumpet, in a very old fashion wooden case with blue velvet interior.

As for my favorite musicians Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis and of course Mr. Louis Carter (My old neighbor when I was a kid, he helped to teach me a lot, and really helped me to immpress my grade school music teacher.)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
What do you mean what type of trumpet do I play? I still have the same trumpet that I started out with as a little kid. It was one my father gave me, he had bought it years before I was ever born for my older brother and I guess he was a faliure at it. It's a silver trumpet, in a very old fashion wooden case with blue velvet interior.
What brand, model number, pictures of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.