PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
What? No pipe cleaners? Well the blend must be Royal Yacht, and the pipe matters less. A well built straight billiard with 9 mm filter will do I guess ..

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Madox07 - Oh yes, plenty of filters "You drag the heavy chest up the beach and open it. The contents are dry and well-packed. Inside you find only pounds and pounds of ONE Tobacco Mixture (and plenty of old school strike-anywhere matches, filters, and pipe cleaners), and only ONE pipe." How cruel would that be to give you endless time to smoke an endless quantity of your favorite smoke, in total peace and quiet, and leave you without any matches, cleaners, or filters... You are the victim of a shipwreck, not a divorce LOL! - Sherm Natman

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Decaf, workman, decaf....
I've been working on this aged tin of MacBaren Virginia Flake.
It's pretty awesome. Right now, I'd take a crate of that and my Viking Classic bent Dublin that handles the flakes so well.
jay-roger.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That ONE pipe would probably have to be a meerschaum of some kind, just so's I can smoke as often as I feel like without worrying about resting it and the tobacco of choice would have to be Black Frigate!
What about the rum? Did the rum make it? Please tell me the rum made it ashore safely!

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
CarolinaChurchwarden - Sorry, no, the rum aboard the ship you were on which was lost at sea... did not survive.
However, because your pipe selection was based more on the fact that you only get one - and therefore, there is no rotation possible, as being stranded creates other unique problems to consider unless you are going to smoke out of a hollowed-out coconut - your reasoning for choosing "a meerschaum of some sort" is more along the way I was thinking about the problems surrounding the specific situation; rather than simply selecting the lone pipe found in the chest "because this is my favorite".
While your answer addressed getting the maximum mileage out of the one pipe you are afforded under the conditions presented, my thinking was about the concerns of durability; but in another way. That lead my personal answer being to select the military-bit pipe in my collection, which rather than possibly break at the stem in the event of a fall or other impactful mishap, it would likely give-way on impact, rather than snap at the bit - which would otherwise leave me with a broken pipe and no replacement, yet tons of tobacco.
Therefore, for "cleverness behind your rational", I deem, while exploring your particular deserted island, you happen to discover a sea-cave which lay hidden along the shoreline; a cave which some old pirates had used long ago to store many casks of the finest rum... of which you now find yourself the sole Trustee of. Enjoy! - Sherm Natman

Reactions: Lyle b

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
McClelland Red and Black. Then you can have the red, the black , or the red and black.
3 in 1
Not sure about the pipe.
Sable, Ginger was hotter!

Reactions: pipesofsteele

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
The Twilight Zone frowns on those who try to willfully alter the reality they find themselves in... therefore, Sable and Folanator, you both suddenly find yourselves sharing one small island together - and not with Ginger, nor with Maryanne, but with Mrs. Howell - and you have to either fight over her,... or, share her.
Like pipe-smoking when you only have one pipe, "rotation" is going to be an issue for you fellows. - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.