Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
  • Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
By “something fishy”; you mean besides the bribery scandal they used to get the tournament in the first place? Or the brushing aside of the scandal of the thousands of slave laborers used (mostly from Nepal) to build the stadiums?
Reputation in general. I had the opportunity to fly with Nepalese workers, on a Doha- Kathmandu flight.

Jun 9, 2018
England
England aren't bringing home the World Cup, unfortunately 🏆❌😔.

However, they are bringing home a stray cat they found at their training base in Al Wakrah.

Dave the cat 😼😁👍
1670790045863.png

Jun 9, 2018
England
Good game but the Moroccans came up a bit short. If that overhead kick goes in just before half time they might have had a chance. They left it all on the pitch but France had too much quality.

It sets up an awesome final. Argentina got done by France in the last World cup in a 4 - 3 thriller. Hopefully the final lives up to its potential.

France v Argentina
Mbappé v Messi

Can't wait.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Think it’s more a matter of Argentina vs the height of Le Bleu... Giroud, Tchouameni, And Rabiot.
That’s what was almost their undoing vs Netherlands. If the Dutch had implemented that strategy sooner, Argentina would’ve already packed their bags.

That; and which team maintains composure. Both teams have seen disastrous lack of composure issues in the past: the infamous head butt in 2006; the blowup in 1990. And certainly both have seen near disastrous lapses in this tournament (obviously Argentina v Netherlands, and France v England, but also the Argentina match against the Aussies.)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have to admit I was pulling for England when they got beat by the French, but after seeing Dave the Cat, that the England team took home with them, I think they may have done just as well. Being somewhat fond of cats as i am.

Now I have to have a reckoning about whether to attend church online on Sunday or watch the Championship game, and catch the church service on a replay. If I were more tech savvy, I suspect it is easy to get a replay on the game, but I think that might come with a fee.

France was scrappy in the French/England game, and the commentators said they thought England played a better game, except for not scoring another point or two I guess. France might feel a little entitled, going for the second championship, and that could sink them.

I wonder if they'll work that song into the programming at half-time, "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina."

Last edited:
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Think it’s more a matter of Argentina vs the height of Le Bleu... Giroud, Tchouameni, And Rabiot.
That’s what was almost their undoing vs Netherlands. If the Dutch had implemented that strategy sooner, Argentina would’ve already packed their bags.

That; and which team maintains composure. Both teams have seen disastrous lack of composure issues in the past: the infamous head butt in 2006; the blowup in 1990. And certainly both have seen near disastrous lapses in this tournament (obviously Argentina v Netherlands, and France v England, but also the Argentina match against the Aussies.)
I just hope both teams play to their full potential and star men Mbappé and Messi turn it on. If that happens it could be an absolute classic.

Fingers crossed 🤞