Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Well I’ve been floating along merrily for 7 years with my online orders which Wisconsin did not extract their sin tax from. But the day has come when the gov’t gets their blood money. Oh well. When I was living in Washington state before my current state, I could not order anything online. Counting my blessings where I have them, and ordering while I have some money in the bank.

Reactions: ziv, BenMN and JoeW

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
More information on the bill's movement towards an act, sponsors, etc. Here

strike-throughs are common when amending legislative language, at least in MN. It shows a record of what was and what's been changed/amended

Sorry to see this

Reactions: HeavyLeadBelly

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I put in a Colorado address and went to checkout to see what SPC does:

View attachment 338463
So basically, we’ll see the same thing here in WI starting 2025, except that the sin tax will be even higher (at least 36%). So if I make this order here today, I’ll be saving $66, no foolin’.

Heads up @SmokingMedic and @Home Brewing Piper, in case you’ve missed this thread until now.
Over a decade ago I could see this (and other types of changes) coming with the influx of a certain mind-set flooding into Colorado and knew it was going to be changing for the worse - it did, and very quickly.
So despite my love for the natural aspect of the state, I chose to move away from "that".

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Over a decade ago I could see this (and other types of changes) coming with the influx of a certain mind-set flooding into Colorado and knew it was going to be changing for the worse - it did, and very quickly.
So despite my love for the natural aspect of the state, I chose to move away from "that".
Well guess what happens when the “other mind set” has the power? Nothing. See the decade of control “the other mindset” had in Wisconsin. Nothing changed.

I noted earlier, the genie is out of the bottle with this.