PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
OK, made some more progress and took a few pics along the way.
Big hunk of a stem.

Filing the acrylic to bamboo junction.

Acrylic to bamboo junction finished.

Rough Shaping the stem on the french wheel.

A boatload of patience, sweat, and hand filing.

Rough Stem done and fitted to bamboo.

How it looks together.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thanks Shaintiques. Glad to know at least someone is reading this thread!
I put more time into it tonight. Sanded with 120 Grit, then 220, then stained black, then 220 again.
I then reapplied a coat of black.

Then went to 320, then 400, then 600 and here is what we have.

Then hit it with some early american maple reddish stain.

Applied 4 coats until it looked like this.

Hopefully tommorow I can finish. Need to bend the stem and buff with red and white, then epoxy the bamboo onto the stummel. Then hit it all with carnuba.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well mister I read it every day in anticipation ! And Like I have said privately I will proudly say publicly I love it. And will be proud to have it. It's mine. Thank You Adam.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I love lurking!
I'll be bending the stem shortly. Just got a heat gun so will be the first time using one to bend a stem. Up until this point I've been using a soft flame. Wish me luck!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thanks for the kind words!
Well it is finally complete. I made a lot of mistakes, learned a ton, and overall was challenged by the experience. Pictures below. rx2man - now it's your turn.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Rx2man is just getting over the sinus infection and general crappy feeling that came with it and will resume normal soon.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Adam/clickklick I am trying to hold off on my comments until I have that baby in my hands. So don't threat. Its coming. Well maybe a little WWWOOOWWWWWWWW!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well folks! My EF arrived at its new home today. An beleave me the pictures don't do it justice. An to all of you that thought it was big. Well it is . Fits my big paws perfectly. I only have one small problem with it, almost dropped it a couple times, because of the amazing wax job. LOL! This baby is beautiful Adam! Thank you very much. Now all I have to do is decide to smoke it. Or put it in the glass case I made for it an just admire it. HUM! Hard decision.
Thanks again Adam

GREAT JOB!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great looking pipe Adam. Well done. :clap:
Scrooge I know what you mean about the wax job. The Lovat that Adam made for me is so nicely finished and it is silky smooth in my hand. I spend a lot of time caressing it while I smoke...the Lovat that is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.