Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I really wanted to be a match guy. I love the nostalgia and romance of smoking a pipe, unfortunately turns out I'm an impatient and lazy sob. When my pipe goes out I want it relit as easyily and quick as possible. Even changing flints and refilling butane is becoming an effort, so BIC is my new best friend. $49.99 for 50 on Bezosebub.com

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I use whatever is handy….. Bic happens to be the most handy these days just because of easy availability. But, my Zippos, Nimrods, other lighters, matches, twig from a campfire, candle on a dinner table, advent wreath, menorah, etc all have served the purpose over the years. I even used to have a pipe in my old truck that it’s bowl size was sufficient where I could even use the push in “cigar/cigarette coil lighter” that all vehicles used to have. That damn thing was a little messy at times, but I could get my pipe lit with it.

Attachments

• 379A0EE0-CD72-4540-BE29-47825B6E9C34.jpeg
    379A0EE0-CD72-4540-BE29-47825B6E9C34.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: jpmcwjr and Hunter1

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Ive been using a BiC and was content with that. I stopped at a small pipe shop and bought some tobacco from them and they threw in a box of matches. I gave the matches a shot and honestly it made me feel like ive been missing out. I ran out of matches and went back to my bic. As much as i enjoyed matches, im not sure if i would go out and buy them.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Ive been using a BiC and was content with that. I stopped at a small pipe shop and bought some tobacco from them and they threw in a box of matches. I gave the matches a shot and honestly it made me feel like ive been missing out. I ran out of matches and went back to my bic. As much as i enjoyed matches, im not sure if i would go out and buy them.
I pickup a lot of odds and ends at Dollar Tree. Each city in Metro Detroit has at least one near by.

Matches are by the kitchen utensils. Pick some up (along with some unique hot sauces, marinades or pantry items) and see if it sticks. For $1.25 an item, you don't have a lot to lose.

Reactions: Amarkey
Status
Not open for further replies.