PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
The only seasonal effect on my smoking is a tendency toward cigars when it gets hot and humid. That's about the only time I smoke them. If I couldn't smoke a pipe indoors for any reason, I'd substitute heroin. But that's just me, YMMV.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
I smoke outdoor year round, but there’s usually a month or so in january or February where the harsh Canadian winter is too much for me. My girlfriend tries to get me to smoke inside during those months, but I just personally think it’s gross.

When I was a student many many moons ago, I smoked marijuana inside and my roommate smoked cigarettes inside, and it was just gross after awhile. I personally won’t do it again, I don’t like the mustiness that comes from indoor smoking.

That being said, I’m thinking of setting up a nice robust HVAC system for an office/smoking room to keep things smelling fresh and clean in the next house I move into! With the right cfm, you can pull anything out of any space.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Is this a joke, I smoke my pipe more in the winter, my smoke goes up our open fire so I don't get moaned at so much and when out and about, what a wonderful hand warmer a pipe is, I never put my pipes away no matter what time a year it is. puffy

Reactions: FLDRD

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Since I smoke outdoors exclusively (which includes the detached garage), I do long for the warmer days during our long cold winter. Nonetheless, I’ll bundle up most days for a walk with the pipe. I suppose I end up smoking less in the winter, especially during the sub-zero days. But it would be hard to take a 4 or 5 month break. Just not doing it.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I love summer, sun, heat etc. But I appreciate how going out to smoke in the cold “toughens me up” and makes me realize the cold isn’t so bad. My folks gave me one of those propane heat lamps for the deck, but I didn’t even use it last year.
I purchased one for my elevated front porch but the tall, lantern style won't tolerate the wind, and moving it up and down the stairs isn't good for the lightweight frame... So it's in my garage year-round ready for the cold. And my carbon monoxide detector has never gone off so I'm good in the winter. Bought a "pit" style for the front porch instead, more stable & functional.

Self-imposed outside only enjoyment. Don't like stale smoke and I've never experimented to find out if pipe smoke will saturate my home & furnishings but I'm going with "yes".

Pipes came later than the wife anyway...

Reactions: Rossi320

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Winter isn't here! But, I enjoy my pipes less because I typically am out on the deck. When winter comes it becomes more of a weekend activity and usually in the garage.

Rossi320

Can't Leave
Jul 4, 2023
Northumberland county, pa
Winter isn't here! But, I enjoy my pipes less because I typically am out on the deck. When winter comes it becomes more of a weekend activity and usually in the garage.
I smoke on a sunday a good treat to end the week, nothing like a pipe with coffee (spring,summer or fall)morning . Get the grass cut feed the birds sit back and lite another bowl put your feet up and enjoy.
Later in the day cook dinner then sit back with a smoke and watch fireflies or enjoy the autumn weather

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
How do you guys smoke while watching a movie? I don't understand.

I smoked around my kids. I was a single parent from the time they were 2. I just rolled my window down in the truck. I'm not a monster.
1696637634336.png

I don't think the kids like this "no smoking in cars with children" law all that much when the weather is this bad!​

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
I seem to be a spring to fall smoker, I take a break during winter , do a cleaning and store/display them during winter
Being Deep in the Heat, I mean Heart of Texas, my smoking break comes during the summer. I cannot enjoy my pipes, or cigars when it is 115 degrees out!

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob