Who Puts his Pipes Away for Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

But something completely arbitrary and without cause like the time of year? No way.
This thread should have really been called, "Who Lets their Wives Dictate Where and When they Smoke." They can't smoke inside, because their wives set the rules, so they pack them up for winter, because they can't take the cold.
Me, I paid for the house and all of the cars, so I smoke where I want all year long. But... I appreciate you other guys. Someone had to marry them bossy women. puffy

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
This thread should have really been called, "Who Lets their Wives Dictate Where and When they Smoke." They can't smoke inside, because their wives set the rules, so they pack them up for winter, because they can't take the cold.
Me, I paid for the house and all of the cars, so I smoke where I want all year long. But... I appreciate you other guys. Someone had to marry them bossy women. puffy
I wasn’t going to go there but I was thinking a similar thing. Lots of women don’t like smoking and won’t “allow” it.
:ROFLMAO:

Please keep in mind that people also live with relatives who have breathing or autoimmune conditions where smoke is harmful to them even in small amounts. Choosing not to smoke around them is out of care and respect.
Sure, sure, but I bet that this is a very small minority. Unless, you mean those that still live with their parents.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
I smoke year round. The winter time is my favorite smoking time of the year. I usually add more aromatics into the mix and Churchwarden’s get pulled off the shelf as well.
It’s also easier to stuff a pipe and accessories into a jacket pocket when on the go.
Nightcap in a Churchwarden before bed on a crisp night is hard to beat!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Dublin Old Man

Might Stick Around
Aug 22, 2020
Dublin, Ohio
I smoke all year-round. Usually in my garage.

Some Ohio winter days are very cold. I may skip a day or two if garage is below freezing. I've added insulation to garage so maybe won't need to skip any days.

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I enjoy the pipe year round but rarely outside, lucky to have a man cave. Look forward to Winter time when cooped up, helps bring on “pipe dreams”.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Or they have little kids in the house.🙋🏻‍♂️

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Absolutely. As much as I love and respect mine, it's been made quite clear that neither of us is the other's parent or boss. Those situations always look like codependency or low self esteem and are often the preamble to a divorce.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I mean, I choose to smoke outside because I prefer it.

My wife wouldn't allow smoking cigarettes inside the house, but she's fine with me smoking a pipe in the house because almost nothing I smoke leaves a gross or pungent room note.

It's my wife's house anyway, she hold's the mortgage and had it before she picked me up, but even if I owned the house and were single, I'd still smoke outside.

Cigarettes no question would be smoked outside because they leave a gross film and stink, and I can't stand stale cigarette smoke smell. Pipes I would still smoke outside just because of preference.