PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Ditto to the above. I'm also restricted by being exclusively an outdoor smoker, but hell, I absolutely love a good hearty English/Balkan blend anywhere from a chill in the air kind of day to Jesus-my-nuts-have-frozen-to-my-thighs kind of day. Obviously, the latter isn't ideal, but I'm at 5,300 feet and I just can't be too choosy between November and March.

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I smoke all year. My shop where I work is un heated (except couple space heaters) winters here in PNW aren't too harsh but I do usually see at least a month of below freezing Temps, sometimes to zero. My pipe gives me great comfort in the winter. Actually in the heat of summer 90 degrees plus I don't quite enjoy the pipe as much but not that it stops me.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I chew where smoking is prohibited and when it gets too far below zero. I can dress for the cold so I've been known even at -10 to hunker down beside my camera and stuff a bowl. It's all about what you grew up in and can tolerate I suppose. Wolf skins make for toasty hats, pants, boots, parkas and gloves. Nothing like real fur, thick, to combat the real cold. Even though smoking reduces body warmth. wolf, wolverine and such trap what there is and keep one comfortable. Gotta dress for the weather! That "man-made" so called "cold weather gear" just won't cut if you must spend time in the cold.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This thread's title activated my confuserizer like few things in recent memory.

Putting pipes away when Mars is less than 33 degrees above the horizon for an odd number of minutes when viewed from an even numbered latitude AND the precipitation total for the continental United States was an odd number of inches the day before, of course. Like, duh.

But something completely arbitrary and without cause like the time of year? No way.