Who In History Would You Most Like To Share A Bowl With?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Clarence Darrow, although he was a cigar smoker. Stanley Baldwin, Sir Oswald Mosley although I did meet him when he was live and he wasn't smoking in those days. Jefferson Davis would also be quite interesting along with 'Doc' Holliday.
You met Mosley?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Thinking of those that actually smoked pipes, many possible options. My first instinct was Tolkein, or maybe watch Rockwell paint something, hear Chapman talk Monty Python, or Einstein.

However, after thinking about it a while, today I’d go with Gerald Ford. To sit and speak to a US President while having a bowl would really be something else. Sure, maybe not the most prominent one, but he held the office. And I have so many questions.

Reactions: cossackjack

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Tolkien for sure! Then John Calvin I think he’s been misread the worst... following Jesus himself of course. Then Karl Barth and Von Balthasar, and Richard Hooker just for fun!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Enoch who walked with God for 300 years. Tell me he didn't have a unique perspective and insight."

Alas I cannot tell you that. However, if you ever find out who made his shoes then please give me a shout. 300 years out of a pair of shoes.....blimey ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
"Enoch who walked with God for 300 years. Tell me he didn't have a unique perspective and insight."

Alas I cannot tell you that. However, if you ever find out who made his shoes then please give me a shout. 300 years out of a pair of shoes.....blimey ?

Regards,

Jay.?
Who made shoes for Methuselah for 969 years??

Reactions: mawnansmiff

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If we're going biblical, as a parent I would like to talk to Mary and Joseph. I fear for my childrens' future and can only imagine raising and loving a child seeing and knowing what would become of him. Out living a child and seeing them die in such a way; a greater heartbreak I couldn't imagine nor wish on anyone.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
If we're going biblical, as a parent I would like to talk to Mary and Joseph. I fear for my childrens' future and can only imagine raising and loving a child seeing and knowing what would become of him. Out living a child and seeing them die in such a way; a greater heartbreak I couldn't imagine nor wish on anyone.
Seems like it turned out to be a pretty good return on their investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.