Who In History Would You Most Like To Share A Bowl With?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I asked this question about four years ago and it elicited some very interesting replies so thought with the recent influx of new members, perhaps it was time to ask the question again.

The person can be real or fictional, so who would you choose to share a bowl (and perhaps a wee dram) with?

I would choose in no particular order Dr. Samuel Johnson, Sir Winston Churchill and Charles Darwin.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: autumnfog and Bowie

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Cyrus, Thales, Aristotle, Mencius, Archimedes, Octavian, Charlemagne, Newton, Machiavelli, Rand, the list is endless. Theres something to learn from any deep thinker of any era.

Heck, I’d take anyone present during the heyday of Gobekli Tepe or the building of the great underground cities in Turkey at the end of the last glaciation.

I could spend a lifetime just chatting with Archimedes, the Tony Stark of Syracuse.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any of the above -- I mean the posts list many candidates I'd be delighted to converse with, if they found me of sufficient substance. My late father, grandfathers, and any women of those generations who'd smoke a pipe! I would add Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain, since I know he actually smoked a pipe, and since his intellect went far beyond his humor. I'd actually feel intrigued by Dwight Eisenhower, because he was imaginative in his way while being burdened with specifics and detail, with which I can identify, and I think I would pose subjects and ask questions that most would not think to ask of him. I'd be interested in the various major religious figures, though I doubt any would smoke a pipe, and I don't want to name them for fear of sounding not religious. Charles Dickens of course. Thomas Carlyle and/or his wife Jane (smoking a pipe?). The poet Robert Lowell. Others, others, others.

Status
Not open for further replies.