PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I can’t actually see any numbers after the Made in England, just the 4 in a circle then the S, england is barely visible. Is the 327 the suffix or the style number?
It will be 1955-1976. The number after “ENGLAND” would be the date code. Sometimes pipes mistakenly didn’t receive one, and sometimes the stamps wear off over time. If you have a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe, you might be able to see the trace of one of it was ever there.

327 is the shape code for this particular pipe.

Reactions: scloyd

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I was expecting more Bugs Bunny in this thread. puffy
I love that one.
ac13423bd91c4bb4779d874270ff1611.gif

This was another classic...
hHb5DD.gif

The closest I have to an opera shape pipe is a small folding pocket pipe.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
At the end of last year they began a Wagner's Ring Cycle series here in KC. After Siegfried they had to take a break due to Covid. I had to plan out bathroom breaks to attend because it was so long lol

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
From your drawing, I thought the 'S' was a '5'

Check out this link: Pipedia Dunhill Dating Guide - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Pipedia_Dunhill_Dating_Guide

Try dating it yourself. That's what I do, the only way to learn. :)
Will do, thanks for the tip. I’m learning something new every day on this site and I’m thirsty for more knowledge about the subject. I only have a iPhone, no computer so reading some websites can be challenging with this tiny screen, a trip to library is in order I think.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Operas are interest. I've seen a lot of them that after being smoked for a while, the bowl burns out to a round shap, making the sidewalls very thin.
The musical theater stuff... I'd rather be waterboarded for a few hours. My daughter tried to make me watch Hamilton. I had no idea what was going on, and forced myself not to get up and run out of the room, but it's just stupid.
Musical theater and Opera are two totally different beasts. One involves people singing really well and using their voices as deftly as one could play another instrument the other one tends to involve o.k. singers making a play more annoying. That's a huge difference.

Reactions: Toast and Birddog66

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Not a big fan of either. Although I’d much rather sit through an opera than a musical. If anyone wanted to torture me for information, they could strap me down a la A Clockwork Orange and force me to watch Grease or Rent over and over again. I’d friggin’ talk.
that's the problem with torture you'd talk even if you didn't have anything to say. And man those two you mentioned are just horrible in my opinion. However the best musical I've seen is Bye Bye Greasy as featured in the great cartoon "Home Movies".

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Sergey72

Lurker
Mar 24, 2020
Это моя опера из «Чаратана». Отличная, маленькая трубка, отличный курильщик.
Взаимодействие с другими людьми