Which Famous Blends Have You Never Tried?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I saw someone post in another thread that it took them 5 years to try Escudo. It got me thinking.....there are so many blends out there, many of them prominent and easy to get, but for whatever reason, some folks just haven't tried them. What is the most prominent/prolific/famous readily available blend that for whatever reason you have yet to try?

For me, the answer came quickly. Despite having two tins lying around for years now, I have yet to try Orlik Golden Sliced. And I'm a huge VA and Vaper fan! Don't know why. I've tried so many blends, from the discontinued to the super obscure, but for whatever reason, those tins just haven't been popped.

So, what's yours?

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
I saw someone post in another thread that it took them 5 years to try Escudo. It got me thinking.....there are so many blends out there, many of them prominent and easy to get, but for whatever reason, some folks just haven't tried them. What is the most prominent/prolific/famous readily available blend that for whatever reason you have yet to try?

For me, the answer came quickly. Despite having two tins lying around for years now, I have yet to try Orlik Golden Sliced. And I'm a huge VA and Vaper fan! Don't know why. I've tried so many blends, from the discontinued to the super obscure, but for whatever reason, those tins just haven't been popped.

So, what's yours?

That's a tough one because frankly, I haven't tried most of the well-known blends.

I think though, the most well-known is St Bruno Flake.

Never been able to purchase
1. Stonehaven
2. Peacehaven
3. Kingfisher
4. Pelican

Never felt the urge to purchase
5. Seattle Pipe Club Blends

Did not purchase yet, but want to
6. Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls
7. Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake which is not heat treated. I have the urge after smoking Ravens Eye

Purchased but not got to try yet
7. A bunch of GL Pease blends
8. Dunhill Flake
9. Dunhill Standard Mixture
10. Samuel Gawith Best Brown #4
11. A bunch of Gawith Hoggarth blends waiting
12. Dunbar
13. Tilbury
14. Pembroke
15. Peterson Elizabethan Mixture

There are more in each category, but will stop at 15 which is a nice round number

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I haven't tried hardly any of the UK and Euro blends (Esoterica, Germain's, Capstan, St. Bruno, Condor, HU, Dan Tobacco) other than some SG and GH stuff, I would like to try them but I can't justify the extra expense/effort to obtain some of them because I have a wife and kids and limited financial resources. Haven't smoked any Pease stuff yet, have a tin of Cairo but still haven't popped it. Haven't tried all of C&D's 837.5 blends yet.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I've saved up a bunch of Dunhill Flake/Dark Flake, but haven't gotten to them yet...Oddly I also havn't dipped into Capstan, Fribourg and Treyer, or Orlik products, thought I have many stashed away. I guess there's only so much time in the day.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
So many being so new to pipes. Some are...
Match Victorian - coming this week
Lane 1Q - doubtful
Zero Esoterica blends - not chasing
Bayou Morning - idk
Zero Best Brown's - will try
Squadron Leader - will try
Orlik Golden slices - have it aging
Peterson Navy Rolls - have it aging
And off topic but... still sorry I tried Autumn Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.