Which Famous Blends Have You Never Tried?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Here are just a few off the top:
Haven't tried any Lakeland blends
Haddo's Delight (cellared a few tins, but never smoked)
Deluxe Navy Rolls (I have some jarred I got from someone selling his collection)
Any Capstan
McClelland anything (I have a sample gifted me that I've yet to smoke)
Condor
Hu
Vauen
Wessex (Have some Brigade Campaign Flake in my cellar, never smoked)
3 Year Matured Virginia (again, in the cellar)
Sun Bear (cellared)
Warped (Have some Red Hunt cellared)
Dunhill/Peterson Flake (in Cellar)

So...I guess I have a lot of it, just haven't smoked it yet. They aren't cellared deep, just 1 or 2 tins of things I haven't smoked. The exception to that being Sun Bear (8 tins), Warped Red Hunt (6 tins) and Wessex (Probably 6 or 7 tins). My thoughts on cellaring those having not tried them is their trade value if I don't like them and a relatively low probability that I won't enjoy them. Add to that the flavor profile some aging is likely to bring out in each of those blends.

I'm having flash backs to episodes of horders on TLC...:rolleyes:

Reactions: briarbuck

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Speaking of famous blends I had not tried (until yesterday), I smoked some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Excellent stuff! What an underrated codger burley sleeper. Miles above the goopy competition. Plenty of burley taste (and a minor floral type note that peeks out at times), plus a chocolate / anise / creamy / coffee liqueur thing going on with the toppings. Has a very appealing and unique pouch scent as well. I don't know why anyone would get a pouch of Captain Black if there's some SWRA on the shelf next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.