Which Blend Do You Wish You Bought More Of Before It Disappeared?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
New Cigars
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I see that the “white” Condor blended seems to have gone in the UK?
I just tried to order some but there isn’t any to be had on the internet?
This might possibly have been discontinued some while ago and I’ve only just caught up with developments?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
Revor plug. I bought some just before it went out of production (at least in the former form). It will last for some time. When I'll finish it I will look for something else similar as there will always something close to what you like.
To my knowledge it’s not out of production. I think it’s synjeco that posted that on their website a while ago but it’s still available everywhere in england...what do you mean by former form? They changed the recipe? I bought like a pound and a half in the last year ant it seems all the same to me...

64alex

May 10, 2016
To my knowledge it’s not out of production. I think it’s synjeco that posted that on their website a while ago but it’s still available everywhere in england...what do you mean by former form? They changed the recipe? I bought like a pound and a half in the last year ant it seems all the same to me...
I might have confused with Condor plug which is the one which was sold to Poland and it looks like they changed the formulaton.
About Revor Plug as you noticed you too Synjeco posted on their site it went out of production (and actually they don't have it anymore) but if it is available elsewhere this means it was only with Synjeco

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
McClellands obvs.

At some expense I imported some Dark Star to the UK, which at the time felt like a leap of faith against all the TR hate about the fire retardancy and ketchup flavour. A fool to have even read that stuff.

Little did I realise they were the veritable gods of straight virginias.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I see that the “white” Condor blended seems to have gone in the UK?
I just tried to order some but there isn’t any to be had on the internet?
This might possibly have been discontinued some while ago and I’ve only just caught up with developments?
I think that one got discontinued just before they moved production over to Poland. Don't worry though, you're not missing out on anything special. Russ Abbotts favourite blend (if you remember him).
image.jpeg

Franco Pipenbeans

Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I do wish I had tried Mick McQuaid Plug or Square Cut before it disappeared.
Do you think either would live up to expectations?

I would have really liked to try any Murray’s or Ogden’s before they closed down but I live in the hope that I wasn’t missing much…
In a couple of months they will be gone for four years.
no manufacturers are going to take on the brand then? That does seem potty.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
GLP Raven's Wing and especially Bohemian Scandal. RW I only had one bowl of first year I was smoking a pipe, at the time still learning. BS I got to lay hands on 8 years later and that, that was a special blend
Back when I was an English smoker Ravens Wing was a favorite, forgot all about that stuff. I remember selling a few 2002 tins in 2012 as I had lost my taste for Latakia blends. I enjoyed Two Friends Deacons Downfall just as much as Raven Wing.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Now that Gallaher has been mentioned it reminded me of this one, would have loved to get me some of this.

View attachment 109733
all this Gallaher's reminds me they made one of the best snuffs ever. Wit and Wisdom. It was a toast with a tiny pinch of menthol and a tiny pinch of menthol in snuff is like a pinch of salt in food. It brings out other flavors and barely presents it's self.