PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
At home I smoke on the deck and dump ashes in a covered metal container, which when cool gets dumped on a favored plant. You need the cover here so the wind doesn't blow them around.

Out in the wild I carry an empty 50g round metal tin for ashes, to prevent torching the forest in the dry season. I cut the top off a champagne cork and glue it in the bottom for a knocker. If its wet, just dump & stomp.

In my camper I carry a 100g Mac Baren's tin, which holds a full cork knocker. I often use the lid for rubbing out flakes.

Our neighbor years ago started a fire on the wooded slope with his cigar ashes, from his elevated deck, so its good to be careful.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I came close to ntitling this, "Who Hauls Your Ashes."

Anyway, for you nitpickers--go f#)# yourselves and move on LOL! I'm obviously smoking my "hypersensitive - defensive" blend at the moment--must the all the Va's I've been puffing on tonight! Now I know why some of You Dear Friends who love Va are such ass-kickers on the forum (no names, since I'm not calling anyone out! LOL). Just kidding...

The rest of you Dear Friends, how do you keep your smoking area tidy from ashes?

I have several ash trays in good spots (granite, marble, metal, Dunhills, etc) but my favorites are two empty tomato cans that I painted blue--because I like the color. The one I use most often sits on my smoking table and I scrape my bowl into and then use a nylon bore brush on it and use a pipe cleaner or two and finally reshelve the pipe with a pipe cleaner in it.

Invariably, I have a bit of ash on top of the table when done that I dust off and then--have to eventually sweep.

So, what do you do?

Perhaps you have a better method than I and I can try your's :))

For those of you who just do it and don't think--perhaps that's the same method you use to wipe your ass--and your likely a filthy bugger whether your smoking or shi%#ing LOL. Don't invite me over for dinner, I don't want to eat your cooking!LOL

kindly and in jest (a bit!),
mike
I use an old China spittoon that is tapered inside, pipe knocker on edge, side clean out but most ends up in my lap, crotch of leather chair or rug. My fire insurance is payed up.

Reactions: Meerly John