PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I carefully stir my ash at around the halfway point of my smoke. I then gently tilt y bowl d=getting rid f=of the ash and then I scrape the sides of my bowl with my tamper and then tamp everything down and then light up to some serious flavors.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
100g empty McClelland tins indoors. I like that I can keep the lid on it so it doesn't stink up the room. When the weather is decent, I step outside and empty it on the ground. Sometimes, I let it cool then dump it in the trash.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When it is time to ash I tilt the bowl in the ashtray and gently stir the ash then dump it. I then scrape the sides and repack and light her up or another half bowl of smoking.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I use two ashtrays. I primarily use one ashtray and when I come back a day later to smoke again, if I realize I've chosen to use the second empty one, that means I can safely toss the contents of the first one in the garbage without causing a fire. My garbage in the smoke room is tied up so it doesn't stink.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I’ve developed a decent ash tray collection and they are conveniently located throughout the home. And on each level 1 room has a metal can from steel cut oats in it. After smoking ash tray content is dumped into oat can. Full oat can gets dumped in compost heap. This is of course not just ash, but dottle and matches too. It seems meant to be because the oat can has a paint can style lid and the tamper on the Czech tool fits the groove perfectly when I want to pry it open. You can even tamp it shut too.