PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Mr. Snuff is THE place for snuff. If you haven't tried any of the Indian 6 Photo snuffs I highly r3commend the sampler pack, ton of variety for a decent price. When it comes to pipe tobacco however they can be a bit pricy plus the added shipping costs if you don't meet free shipping.

Over ordered my fair share of snuff from there. Don’t like Most Indian snuffs, thanks.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It just doesn't have that great washing up liquid taste whilst the new stuff is probably like giving oral sex to a female Oompa Loompa! ;)
@condorlover1 Do you still love Condor?
I've only had my clay pipes since Condor production moved to Poland, so I can't say regarding old / current Condor. I've smoked a number of packets of Condor Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Stronger might not be the right word for the Polish version... the original is a bit deeper while the new seems brighter. I realize both of those descriptors don't mean much if you haven't tried both. I just don't find the Polish to be objectionable. They're close enough that if one really needed that "Condor Moment" fix and couldn't get the Irish version, they'd likely be glad to have the new stuff. To my knowledge, there's nothing any closer out there.
That’s what I’m saying, these old timers have a way of over exaggerating these things. The new Condor is still perfectly fine. These idears poison the minds of the newcomers into thinking what they are smoking is shite, not true, if you enjoy the new stuff don’t buy into the idear that the Irish version is so much better, the differences are minor and most people outside the forum walls don’t even notice a difference.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
That’s what I’m saying, these old timers have a way of over exaggerating these things. The new Condor is still perfectly fine. These idears poison the minds of the newcomers into thinking what they are smoking is shite, not true, if you enjoy the new stuff don’t buy into the idear that the Irish version is so much better, the differences are minor and most people outside the forum walls don’t even notice a difference.
Not to mention Irish condor is aged now so there really can be no comparison at all. They taste damn near the same to me.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
With strength? Or what?
Flavour. The tobacco in the Irish one was much richer, and the topping fuller - granted some of this could be a
due to the difference in ages. But the stand out thing was that the old stuff had this intense spice/talcum powdery thing going on throughout the smoke. This was completely missing in the newer stuff.

if one is partial to burley blends, I’d recommend war horse bar over the polish condor plug. However, for curiosity or shits and giggles alone, tracking down some condor is still worth it.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Flavour. The tobacco in the Irish one was much richer, and the topping fuller - granted some of this could be a
due to the difference in ages. But the stand out thing was that the old stuff had this intense spice/talcum powdery thing going on throughout the smoke. This was completely missing in the newer stuff.

if one is partial to burley blends, I’d recommend war horse bar over the polish condor plug. However, for curiosity or shits and giggles alone, tracking down some condor is still worth it.
Which war horse red or green? I just tried the WH red and it was quite goodand definitely not a goopy aromatic that I was afraid it would be.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Which war horse red or green? I just tried the WH red and it was quite goodand definitely not a goopy aromatic that I was afraid it would be.
I’ve only tried the red. I found the topping really similar, and I personally lean more towards burley forward blends. I’ve heard from some people that the green is even more condory, and others have said it’s pretty much the same as mixtures 79.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I’ve only tried the red. I found the topping really similar, and I personally lean more towards burley forward blends. I’ve heard from some people that the green is even more condory, and others have said it’s pretty much the same as mixtures 79.
Never had mixture 79 and not interested to spend cash on it, however I was gifted a pouch of Polish Condor plug that has been tempting since reading this thread.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Not to mention Irish condor is aged now so there really can be no comparison at all. They taste damn near the same to me.
I’d love to conduct a blind taste test but I don’t want to give any of my Condor away. A friend and I did this awhile back, any differences we perceived were most likely all in our head, we both agreed, they tasted damn near identical and the changes that were noted could have very well been due to differences between batches just like any other blend. I think people get influenced by all this talk (I am certainly not immune to any of it) and they can’t help but taste a negative difference. I mean when a tobacco blend has even a slight change in packaging, you get people starting threads saying that the blend has changed.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Condor is now made in Poland and by all accounts of its devotees, the Polish product is Crap with a capital C. It's probably the kielbasa topping.
This is exactly what I heard from those who've smoked old and new.

Before the Poland move I bought about $700.00 of Condor from James Fox/Pipe Divan, all on a credit card. What a dope! Was smoking this mythical tobacco worth 6 mos. of hefty repayments to zero the debt? No way.

I liked it well enough, but it was not mythical.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Y'all makin' me wanna slice into my last lil chunk of Irish plug from Simon's stash...
I mean, is the old Gallaher's stuff better?
Sure.
It has a certain.. something.
Is that certain something the glandular secretions of goats?
Who knows.
All I know is I'd gladly smoke either with some regularity, if either were easily available and affordable. I think fans of the muskier Lakelands and old UK aros like stBruno or Mick McQuaid could appreciate either..
but I actually enjoy Elwood's #2, so what do I know??

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The older I get, the more I find myself describing things as "not as good as they used to be."

Status
Not open for further replies.