PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
My take on the differences is that the new stuff doesn't seem to use as strong of a tobacco; strength in boldness of flavor and nicotine. And, the topping tastes, less prevalent and maybe missing something.
^This is true, except I felt the topping was more prevalent in the new. Not as deep or full, but more "in your face". Missing something, yes. Likely the flavor of the original tobaccos were stronger. Also, my only experience with the original was a plug Simon sent me that had a lot of age on it, and that could explain why it seemed both mellower in the topping department and sweeter. I maintain that if you have never tried the original, or have only had it once or twice, you won't hate the new(unless you hate them both). I totally understand how someone who smoked Irish Condor their whole life would notice a difference and be put off by the change. If I had my choice I'd pick the original every time, but I enjoy the current production enough to smoke it and not have to point at a doll to show where it hurt me!

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Jesse and Simon said it best...the Polish stuff is CRAP! Be aware that it's now made in Poland and the old afficianados are saying that its a pale imitation of its previous Irish made self ...yeah, truly CRAP

Reactions: mingc

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The Polish stuff doesn’t taste like Condor, but if you never smoked much Condor, and like the new stuff, and you’re willing to pay UK prices, have at it, no harm no foul. Just remember, it’s not Condor anymore.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The Polish stuff doesn’t taste like Condor, but if you never smoked much Condor, and like the new stuff, and you’re willing to pay UK prices, have at it, no harm no foul. Just remember, it’s not Condor anymore.
oh it does too... I’ve got both right here.
They aren’t exactly the same, no.
But I think some are being a bit over dramatic.

Jan 27, 2020
Reactions: Pipewizard420

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I didn’t catch that before my post. Are any of the MrSnuff pipe tobacco prices reasonable? I’m trying to find an excuse to order a tin of snuff having none and somewhat missing it but not obsessively...
no they are more then I would pay unless I really desperately want a particular blend. From what I understand he doesn't make much profit off of offering those blends. Like I think he doesn't get it wholesale and pretty much pays what a local would to get the same. But there are some hard to find blends too though. But the ones I've tried are not enjoyable enough compared to what is regularly available for less.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
no they are more then I would pay unless I really desperately want a particular blend. From what I understand he doesn't make much profit off of offering those blends. Like I think he doesn't get it wholesale and pretty much pays what a local would to get the same. But there are some hard to find blends too though. But the ones I've tried are not enjoyable enough compared to what is regularly available for less.

Ah ok, I certainly would like to try some Cabbie’s Mixture but can’t afford his price.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I didn’t catch that before my post. Are any of the MrSnuff pipe tobacco prices reasonable? I’m trying to find an excuse to order a tin of snuff having none and somewhat missing it but not obsessively...

Mr. Snuff is THE place for snuff. If you haven't tried any of the Indian 6 Photo snuffs I highly r3commend the sampler pack, ton of variety for a decent price. When it comes to pipe tobacco however they can be a bit pricy plus the added shipping costs if you don't meet free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.