PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Couldn't get into pu-erh. Tasted a bit "dirt-like" to me.

Yeah it does have a "strong quality" to it lol. Plus the type of Purh- eh as they vary just about as much as tobacco but not for everyone thats for sure. It is usually recommended to rinse the Tea first to get rid of any impurities.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Just finished a pot of Brodie's Scottish breakfast tea which I bought off teadog. Mighty fine but am looking forward to my recent order from The Spice Merchant, (you can order online), of a pound of their Scottish breakfast blend which a like a tad better. Also bought a pound of their Irish breakfast tea.

• Love
Reactions: edger
Jan 27, 2020
Any one try the sticky rice Pu-Erh tea from Upton's? Rather strange, can't say I like it. Gave some to a relative who isn't that picky and they said it smelled like a cheap Chinese restaurant.

Reactions: kwg116

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Any one try the sticky rice Pu-Erh tea from Upton's? Rather strange, can't say I like it. Gave some to a relative who isn't that picky and they said it smelled like a cheap Chinese restaurant.
I got some on my last order and didn’t like it at all. But I have started drinking more raw and ripe Pu-Erhs over the last month and came back to it and loved it. After drinking quite a bit of it, I noticed that the amount of tea you use and the length of the steep makes all the difference.

Oh wow... I was under the impression that all of the threads that began before the forum make-over were closed. It's interesting to see that one is still open. FWIW, I only drink iced sweet tea. But, if I am at a restaurant that puts a cup of it in front of me without me requesting it, I'll give it a sip. That probably doesn't make me a guru though.

Reactions: danimalia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I got on this thread in 2013 less than a year after I joined. Jasmine is extra good with Chinese food of some kinds. I think the stimulant is telepheine, slightly different from caffeine. Supposedly, tea is not good as a regular drink if you have kidney stones, so I can't have it often. That's some way out pain. But tea is lovely stuff -- Darjeeling, Jasmine, many others, and I miss not having it more often, a great afternoon boost.

Reactions: edger
Status
Not open for further replies.