When Will The Government Take Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
IMO your employer or insurance provider will ban or price you out before there will be a ban.
No doubt that's a significant aspect of the "thousand cuts".

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
IMO your employer or insurance provider will ban or price you out before there will be a ban. The company my company is contracted to is nicotine free as a condition of employment and they test.
I definitely agree re: the insurance providers. At some point the choice will be (and in some cases it already is) between smoking and having health insurance.
I'm surprised to hear that about employment and nicotine (well, more alarmed than surprised). It is puzzling that it is legal, although possibly it hasn't been robustly tested....

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It is puzzling that it is legal
Discrimination protections tend to be selectively enforced. Just let them try making the obese ineligible for employment. The shit will hit the fan then for sure.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Uninsured gun-toting obese pipe smoking Yetis invading Hawaii to oust the granola curtained guvmint varmints who propose a prohibition on non-unionized immigrant sex workers to protect the children, oh my. :rofl:
Yup, lock imminent
So ... Ash, talk to us about this boating fiasco :puffpipe:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I just received notice the government will be taking my pipe away next Tuesday at 11:37am.

Just to answer your question.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
How many pipes can a pipe chuck chuck if a pipe chuck only has until Tuesday at 11:37 am to chuck pipes?

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
bigfoot-150x112.jpg

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Don't say this is stupid, some people take that as a challenge! In many Colorado cities you can't smoke on city property, some trails, near bus stops, etc. google it and see for yourself. It is already happening. Look at Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Boulder, etc. there is a very strong lobby group called smoke free Colorado that has been working for years to make us a thing of the past.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
IBTL... Just had to do it, cause I wanna see if Ash gets to see Bigfoot.
I'm not so sure they will go that far, and I don't think it'll pass. Think of all those delicious taxes they'll be giving up on. I'm no fan of big government at all, but I'm not seeing them being able to accomplish it. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Not only Hawaii, a bill currently being proposed by Democrats in Congress (HR 293) would effectively end pipe smoking in the US. Total ban on all flavored tobacco and ban on all online sales. That would mean no aromatics (90% of all pipe tobacco sold) and no P&C, SmokingPipes, etc (90%+ of all retail).
Thank God these people don't control the Senate or the Presidency.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
What States? When?

IMO your employer or insurance provider will ban or price you out before there will be a ban. The company my company is contracted to is nicotine free as a condition of employment and they test.
That scares me more than the government.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
It kills me to think that this is even a possibility...those same proponents to kill tobacco are probably addicted to prescription drugs or alcohol, but quite Franklin I've lost most of my faith in the mind of the masses...I bet big foot would totally smoke a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.