When Did This Forum Become The Show Off Forum?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Wow been away for a bit and now we show off? Never new we pipe smokers had to. Some are asking why are the old members leaving, well IMO it has a lot to do with that this site now belongs to only 6 or so members and they just can't stop patting each other on the back. seems like if one of the top six or so pass gas it's a big thing and they need to say way to go you are the best. Sorry This site was the best one out here but now it seems like it is not Kevins site anymore, just the top six or so.

Ok now no need to hammer on me, I'm gone. Have a good time telling how good you six or so are.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Welcome back Ace. I think you lost me there. I don't get the vibe you are ranting about. Granted there are folks who post more than others but 6 members patting each other on the back?? Are you referring to the show me your...threads? I have no problem with people posting pictures of their pipes. I thought that was something everyone enjoyed. Are you referring to something else? Please clarify your remarks. 8O

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Hmm... I come here in part because the other pipe forum was like that. I don't really get that vibe here. What specifically is the problem, ace?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I'm confused as well. I've only been here a year, but in all that time everyone has happily showed off their latest acquisition.
And those fortunate members here who have acquired high-end pipes have never flaunted them in a bragging fashion. They were in actuality praising the carver and the pipes qualities - and more power to them for doing it I say.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Today I farted while smoking my pipe, and the smoke took out the smell of the fart, rendering it harmless. +1 to myself *pats myself on back*

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I just want to say that all of the posts on this thread other than the original have been wonderful and I would like to pat you all on the back for your brilliance and insight. :rofl:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Actually, I'm with Ace. Who wants to see someone else's recent pipe acquisition. I don't care if its a crummy and crusty old Grabow or Cobb, but seeing a handsome handmade pipe that someone stole for a song just flat makes me boil. I don't want to see those. All it does is color me green with envy and make me think evil thoughts about the lucky pipester who nabbed the great hunk of wood and is smoking it with glee. :x
So, to you six showoffs who have taken over this forum (whoever you are), double phooey on all of you! :evil:
Pipestud
PS... and Andrew, you're only foolin' yourself, pardner. I can smell your gas through my computer and its rank!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry you feel that way Ace. Personally I don't have any friends who smoke a pipe. I travel a lot and have very few friends IRL. When I get something really neat I like to show it to folks who I know will appreciate it. I asked this question some time ago and nobody seemed to mind if folks showed of their new acquisitions.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-much-is-too-much-when-showing-off-your-pad
Sorry you are leaving but hopefully you will reconsider.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm so excited when I get a new pipe I have to show it off. And here at least I know others will appreciate it. It's good to know whether its a 500 dollar pipe or a 50 dollar pipe, others here are going to think it's pretty awesome.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Wow. I like looking at others' cool pipes. I'm not jealous because you got a Dunhill that I can't afford; more power to you.
I think the folks on here are the most generous group of people I've ever known. Including the special six.
If I see someone smoking a high-end fancy pipe, it makes me dream of the day when I can afford said pipe too, not wish I could yank his pipe away and make him smoke a cob like everyone else.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't understand this at all, I don't feel that there are a few people controlling the forum and using it to boost their egos.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Our hobby/way of life, is a dying one! And I, for one, think it is bad form for anyone, especially another puffer, to be cutting others down for their enthusiasm. I have to use my phone to post and I can't figure out how to post pics, but I really enjoy the "show off" threads. I'm glad to see people being proud of their pipes, cheap or expensive. People like us are hard to find nowadays, and I think it's important to encourage, rather than discourage. Just my two Abe Lincolns!

Status
Not open for further replies.