PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Stonehaven sounds awesome to me, but I have many good options in that realm and dozens of tins I've yet to open and try.

Reactions: sandollars

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have been trying for a while to get my hands on some Stonehaven to try and a kind Forum member has killed my White Whale for me by sending me a generous sample. Thanks so much! ( you know who you are!)

So, I get to try my White Whale tomorrow morning with a nice cup of coffee. Pretty Excited!

puffy
Stonehaven is a fickle bitch. Moisture has to be just right or it gets all wonky.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
I wouldn't say I have a white whale blend since I don't like to chase and hyperbole, but I've been curious about some blends,

McClelland orientals
McClelland Frog Morton
McCranie's Red Ribbon
RO Series Acadian Gold

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I've never had any of the big famous ones, so I don't know what I would miss or especially look for. I guess I could look for famous blends that had components I enjoy.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
If I could go back I would cellar kingfisher, it was a really good tobacco. Not really a white whale because I have smoked it many times before.

I would like to try some of the esoterica anise flavored blends I have not tried, I think Blackpool or ramsgate or peace haven, they are just never available.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
No white whale for me. Surprisingly I have cellared (unfortunately not that deep) and have tried almost all of the blends mentioned in this thread.

Sometimes chasing the unobtainable is more about the hunt than it is about the kill. It’s sometimes a letdown to finally try something that is so overhyped only to find it boring and not to my liking.

Such is life, I suppose.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Sometimes chasing the unobtainable is more about the hunt than it is about the kill.
Hm. I am constantly chasing Murray's Erinmores., which are unobtainable at least for a reasonable price, and I am well aware that it's people like me who are responsible for that.

I'm not sure if it's the hunt itself that gives me the thrill, rather it relieves me not to worry about running out of the good stuff.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I wouldn't say I have a white whale blend since I don't like to chase and hyperbole, but I've been curious about some blends,

McClelland orientals
McClelland Frog Morton
McCranie's Red Ribbon
RO Series Acadian Gold
You Can still get Acadian Gold from P&C

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.