Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

H

Hfinn

This is the third year I have been working in a consulting company. Our office is part of a global network headquartered in London with over 50,000 professionals in 140 countries. I'm hired in the Assurance Audit Department as an Audit Senior. We provide services for the audit of financial statements of various organizations, prepared in accordance with IFRS. Our clients include private and public companies and banks, as well as state sector clients.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Now working at a stevedore (loading, discharging, storing shipping containers) for 12 years, making a shift to a business analytics / business intelligence side of the business which I have found a interest in for the past few years.
Last week was my first week at my new position. I can call myself Product Owner now, which is a fancy smancy word for talking to end users about desired specifications, talking to programmers and database administrators how the end user wants to collect and present data, test the end result with the end user and give the go or no go to the IT dude.

katherine

Lurker
May 10, 2022
In today' world, you can say that home protection is require to everybody who can reach life and residential ought to be safe where he return to sleep so if you're reception immediately and zip to do so you can learn new skills of writing with assignment facilitate state capital tho' Best Dissertation Writing Services 2022 • Top Dissertation Writers - https://www.bestessaytips.com/dissertation_services.php and that i would say its the simplest way of learning in straightforward steps conjointly give you such a big amount of facilities that assist you in each manner

Reactions: JOHN72

OldWill

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 9, 2022
Blanco, Texas
Former college professor (organic chemistry), industrial process chemist, emergency responder ( chemical releases and fires), and finally a trainer of responders.
Now that I'm too old to load/offload 45000 lbs of training mock-ups, I am fully retired.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I just realized today that I have no idea about the lives and work of a major chunk of people and friends I interact on the forums. I would love to know you outside pipes, tobacco, cigars and whacky jokes.
As the topic says, what is your Profession and Expertise in the field?
I am a User Experience Architect as well as a UX Designer). Been a Professional since 1999. I have also worked as a Sr. Project Manager for a long time in the field as well.
What is UX Design? In simple words, people like me define the WHY, WHAT and HOW of any project or product. Be it a pipe, a car, your iphone hardware and software, a mobile phone app, a website, software etc. All in all its the entire process of acquiring and integrating the product, including aspects of branding, design, usability and function.
I hold various certifications for Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Accessibility etc. Surprisingly I do not yet have a Bachelor's Degree. Which I am now completing at the ripe old age of 40 !!
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:
Funny I’m a UX Designer and started out in the late 90s for a company called Att Technology Group, tiny company at the forefront of personalization on the internet, one of the first big projects i worked on was Amazon, was in many meetings with Bezos back then, I’ll never forget our first meeting with him and we asked him “what do you want to sell?” He really was “everything”.
For the record I’m an idiot and when a few people left to go work for him (what is Joe AWS) i didn’t go, all of those people that left are Now retired and rich or just high up and rich… never said i was smart.

Now i do custom Salesforce implementation work for another company, I’ve worked on / helped design many sites I’m sure everyone here has used. The best part of working as a UX person a million years ago is that we were actually creating the patterns you see today, things like the little calendars for choosing start and end dates for trips / flights / hotel stays, all of those widgets, now it’s all the same shit over and over, very little actually new creation just ways to use components that have been around forever.

mark777

Lurker
Oct 14, 2022
Well, it's really never too late to change your profession. I worked as a construction worker for 15 years. And when my nerves couldn't stand it, the web design went too. You can say that my dream has come true, it is to work at a computer and create interfaces, and when there are nervous customers, you can calm down with a pleasant smoke) Another plus is that you can travel and work. I agree that it is never too late to learn