PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't do Amazon or eBay. Nothing wrong with them, but I think it is a learning curve to know how to use

those outlets, and how to understand what you are getting, and how to avoid all the junk and promotional

hoopla. I just haven't felt it was worth my time. I have been tempted by auctions on eBay, but I always feel

as if my interest in the auction is overriding my judgement on the item itself, and my interest in "winning"

exceeds my attention to the pipe. You might sometimes pay a little more on smokingpipes.com, but you

know what you're getting.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I've made one order from Pipes & Cigars and it very well; but, for some reason I've placed every other order with smokingpipes.com.
I do have one gripe with P&C however, which I feel they should correct immediately. Almost none of their pipes have any dimensions listed. I don't know many of you who would buy a pipe without having some kind of idea as to how big or small it is. Maybe it's just me- P&C has a MUCH better selection of Stanwell pipes than SP, at least one of which I would have pulled the trigger on- had I known the dimensions.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Smokingpipes.com for me. My last pipesandcigars.com order left a bitter taste in my mouth with some quality of service issue when a problem was encountered. I won't be ordering from them again.

B

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
eBay for estate burners.
But when it comes to tobacco I run with P&C, Cigars International, JR Cigars and Smoking Pipes.
Fnord

daxp

Lurker
Jul 23, 2013
Not that it's needed, but I'm gonna give Pipes And Cigars another mention. I'm really wanting to get one of the Pipe VS Cigar specials!
And if you want to try out a corn cob pipe (I prefer them to briars, and they're CHEAP in price but not quality) I'd recommend Aristocob wholeheartedly. Great service, shipping, and price; they also check over their pipes they get from the manufacturer to double check that you won't get a crappy pipe.

andrearoberts

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
Has to be UKTobacco.com for me. Have stuck to them since I took up the pipe and they've been very rewarding.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
So far Pipes&Cigars has been my go to retailer. They have the best prices. But I have heard great things from 4noggins too.

K

klause

For pipes: estatebriarpipes.dk, Marty @ sherlocks-haven.com, ebay.
For tobacco: danpipe.de

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The dimensions, weight and images issues are being addressed. Our site will be undergoing a MAJOR overhaul shortly that will solve those problems. Not everything will be changed at first, but as we add items, pipes will have full info on the page. This is something we've talked about doing for years, and it will be happening in the very near future.
Russ

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I believe P&C has a sale on Frog Morton blends currently. I think you can get a tin of each for $50 total. That is five or six tins of tobacco. I have ordered pipe tobacco from them and have been pleased.
Most of my online purchases are with Smokingpipes.com though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You will always learn more and get the best deal, even if it isn't always the lowest price, if you shop all of the

sites mentioned above. All of the sponsor sites have good things to offer. The lowest price isn't always the

best bet. For example, if you are ordering both a pipe and tobacco in one shipment, you might do better

buying a pipe for a few more dollars and saving on tobacco and in doing it all in one shipment, or if the

amount is enough, with free shipping. A little sweat equity (your work) usually pays off.

smokey

Lurker
May 15, 2014
I have ordered the first time from Smokingpipes.com and 4noggins due to their willingness to ship to Canada. Both orders went out on the same day. The 4noggins order arrived after 7 days and the Smokingpipes order after 14 days. The quality of both orders was excellent but why is there such a big difference in the shipping time?

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
@smokey - At least some of the delay can be attributed to customs. I made 2 orders from a retailer, one after the other and they arrived 3 days apart. One package sat with customs longer than the other.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
P & C , but the orders have not been without occasional issues. Great selection and fast shipping.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've bought pipes from tobaccopipes.com, 4noggins, smokingpipes, and pipeandleaf. All have been great experiences, and great customer service. It usually comes down to price, and availability. I'd be hard put to say which was the "best".

Status
Not open for further replies.