PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase06

Lurker
Nov 18, 2013
I own a few estate pipes, but I'm wanting to get my first "new" pipe. I'm liking the savinelli trevi 320, and have seen a lot of sites that carry it, and at varied price. Also will be trying some new tobacco, thinking about the frog Morton collection. Was just wondering if there is a specific site that this group tries to support, or is there a known "best price" web retailer. Thanks in advance for any help.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
320 is a fantastic shape. So I can personally attest to your great taste. All the site sponsors are great. I prefer personally Pipes and Cigars. However have read 100s of good things on 4noggins.

Jan 8, 2013
Pipesandcigars, smokingpipes, are both great. Cupojoes was nice to do business with. 4noggins has a transporter and will beam your order right to you after you order.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I almost always shop with www.smokingpipes.com . They typically have whatever I'm looking for and at the most competitive price. Their service is excellent and I've only once had a problem with an order. I had ordered two tins of Peterson's Holiday Season Blend and received only one. Their team remedied the situation and had the second tin on my doorstep within the week. And with the job their restoration department did on the two Peterson estates I just purchased I will be a lifelong customer!
You can't go wrong with the site sponsors. I'm not knocking 4Noggins or Pipes and Cigars or Cup O Joe's by any means. I've only ever heard good things about them and have had good experiences with the few orders I've placed with Cup O Joe's. I just prefer smokingpipes.com.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
4noggins -- they're one of the few who will ship to Canada, and have the best shipping rates to Canada as well as superb service!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Smokingpipes.com

4noggins.com

tobaccopipes.com
I've done business with all 3 and have had excellent service. By far, 4noggins has the fastest shipping.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I alternate between smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com. I love the aesthetics of SPC's website more than the rest. P&C usually gets to my house in 2 days versus SPC's 5 though.
I usually just follow their latest deals and go with whomever is running a promo I like.
I will say P&C has been running some fantastic deals in the last couple of months. Even if they did double the price on one of my favorite brands... (ahem)

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
4noggins, extremely quick, good service and very cheap considering I live in Europe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like different ones for different orders. Smokingpipes.com seems to have the widest array of pipe tobacco blends

at the best prices, so far, and has excellent information on their pipes and an excellent, well-designed web site

that is continuously freshened. Also they go above and beyond for personal service. Cup O Joes has some pipes

you just won't find elsewhere, and some stellar house blends, especially in tins. My ever-faithful Iwan Ries has

a unique selection on pipes and great half-price sales, and prices that seem to be based on the cost of the pipe

when they bought it, not raised just to make prices go up. Tobaccopipes.com has great values on pipes, such

as the Chapuis-Comoy, best pipes for the lowest price, and the most generous basic shipping cost of anyone.

I like shopping at Pipesandcigars and 4Noggins, but am not yet a customer. They both have tobaccos you can't

get elsewhere, and 4Noggins gets continual praise for customer service. I do shop several other online retailers,

but have limited or no experience with those.

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
4-Noggins and Pipes & Cigars are my go to suppliers. You won't go wrong with either. I've bought pipes as well as tobacco from them both. P&C has larger selection - but is frequently out of stock on popular items (backorders are common) - 4 Noggins is very fast on delivery. Both have occasionally thrown in nice samples with an order.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Smokingpipesdotcom. I want to SEE the pipe I'm buying.

+1 to that. For pipes I deal mostly with Smokingpipes, for tobacco it's usually P&C. Over the years I've also dealt with Milan, Smokers Haven and Missouri Meerschaum. Good experiences all.

Status
Not open for further replies.