PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
I split between smokingpipes.com and pipes and cigars. P and C has some exclusives on tobacco like Russ' Magnum Opus and White Knight. Haven't tried the latter, but want to. P and C also has tinned Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding. Just got two pounds. Happy day. OTOH, I like smokingpipes' website better, including the displaying of estate pipes. Nice to have the options.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not a sponsor (yet?) but if you are looking for a healthy inventory of American factory pipes, I've had

success with wvtobaccoshop.com (West Virginia Tobacco Shop). They seem to work at getting American

machine made pipes at the low price end and keeping them in stock as few others do.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I've only ordered from 4noggins and P&C, both were nice experiences. From what I've seen P&C has the best prices for tobacco even with me paying sales tax. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of the sponsors here though, I only see good things posted about them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For site design and ease of use, smokingpipes.com really is a leader. They must have a team that grooms

and tends the web site continuously. The pipes are individually pictured. If you order a pipe, it disappears

from the site immediately. Nearly all of the tobacco is defined and described. Every pipe has a complete

set of specs, whereas other sites won't even name the shape of the pipe, or give the weight or length, etc.

The graphics are bright and clear, and the site is user friendly and takes little learning to make it work.

The clarity and organization of the web site is mirrored in the live customer relations. Maybe smokingpipes.com

isn't the be-end-all of online pipe retail, but if I were operating a pipe retail site, that's who I would emulate.

I go there to learn about pipes and tobacco. That's true of other sites, but I go there first.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Huge fan of Pipes & Cigars. I think their website is by far the best, not to mention you can use PayPal with them too. Smoking Pipes is a close second. 4noggins, seems a bit dated, and could use an updated site.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Try tobaccopipes.com and compare against smokingpipes, 4noggins, and pipeandleaf.com. All are great to do business with, and I've bought pipes from all of them.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Smokingpipes.com is the main one because they go the extra mile in everything they do right down to the tape on the shipping box .I no longer spend my money at ..... even though they apologize here weekly .

Mar 1, 2014
Smokingpipes.

They pretty consistently have the best prices, selection, and shipping (cost), even with shipping to Canada.

That place just exudes quality.

eyelander

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
I have only ordered from pipesandcigars.com so far and only have positive things to say about them. Easy layout, great customer service, and super fast shipping.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
I have ordered from Pipes&Cigars, Smoking Pipes Cup o Joe's but P&C has the best prices on pipes IMHO. I receive my order in 2 days and they have the free tracking also. Have to mention Pipeworks and Wilke in Vermont, Carole Burns is a one woman operation order only by phone or E-mail takes about a week she blends packs and ships, a little pricey but worth it I smoke her blends exclusively. Vt pipes.com or just go to Pipeworks and Wilke. She has some great estates too.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Smokingpipes.com is the main one because they go the extra mile in everything they do right down to the tape on the shipping box .I no longer spend my money at ..... even though they apologize here weekly .
:rofl:
I prefer smokingpipes.com overall but that *other* company is really stepping up their game and I now check them regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.