What's Your First Pipe Purchase of the New Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebub24

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
A rad davis black and tan dublin with super thick walls. Not normally a partial rustication fan, but the huge smooth rim and cumberland stem got me on this one, and a big, thick walled dublin just might be my favorite shape. The stain and stem colors just really remind me of something you'd see in an old school den or office. A room that oughta smell like codger blends. That and, I mean, It's a Rad.....

View attachment 15988
View attachment 15989
View attachment 15990
Love the grain pattern on the rim!

Rebub24

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
Already put this in the Castello thread, but you know what it’s like when you get a new pipe worth showing off. Sea Rock army mount billiard.
View attachment 16003

First impressions are great. It’s exactly what I had hoped: medium size, light and clenchable, grippy, an open draw, easy to clean, thick walled and cool to hold.
Great smoking pipes, Castellos are!

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This was mine, an estate W.O. Larsen Super shape 70, designed by Sven Knudsen.

View attachment 15971View attachment 15972
:)
Reminds me a lot of my 2013 Genod Noel Series Author. Equally expensive and prestigious, right? :ROFLMAO:

004-003-4854.7937.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
This one was just before the New Year, but it's a great Pipe. Blue Room Briars Bamboo.

"Sleek and sophisticated, these supremely shaped classic and affordable pipes are hand finished to order by Jesse Jones and come from aged briar at least half a century old. Each pipe is fitted with a pre-molded ebonite stem and then hand engineered for perfect smokability..."

:)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I am really tempted to nab my second of 2020 though, a pipemaker I had never heard of until recently Richard Friedman (RMF pipes). Apparently runs yacht tours in SE Alaska, some amazing looking pipes but rather high for my price range.

Reactions: danimalia

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm thinking about getting this Savinelli Series III paneled saddle stem with a natural bowl. I had my paws on it back in December at Boda Pipes in Greenville, SC, but opted for a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 614, which was more expensive. It very light and feels good in the hand. Only drawback is the vulcanite stem. I'm not a fan of vulcanite.

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
A rad davis black and tan dublin with super thick walls. Not normally a partial rustication fan, but the huge smooth rim and cumberland stem got me on this one, and a big, thick walled dublin just might be my favorite shape. The stain and stem colors just really remind me of something you'd see in an old school den or office. A room that oughta smell like codger blends. That and, I mean, It's a Rad.....

View attachment 15988
View attachment 15989
View attachment 15990
I like it! Unique! ?
Jef

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Already had one of these going.

Reactions: diamondback
Status
Not open for further replies.