PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I like to have a bowl on my morning and/or afternoon commutes. Helps me relax when I'm amongst the neanderthals that was somehow able to obtain a driver's license.
My latest car pipe useage has been my MM Dagner Poker and my Carolina Gent. They hold tobacco pretty well and are nice and short. I learned that lesson the hard way when I tried to smoke my Rossi Canadian and banged it on the side glass while changing lanes. It's just so comfortable to clench, I forget about it once in a while.
So what's your car pipe?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have two Dagner Poker Cobs that live in my truck, for emergency use only. I much prefer my other pipes. I have two cases that hold pipes. One holds two and the other holds six. One of them always goes out the door with me.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Usually a briar I grab as I leave the house. Were you trying to stick your head outside, through a closed window, to check the lane? :oops: I don't think in either of my vehicles I could strike the window when simply turning my head. Are you driving a "tiny" car?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Are you driving a "tiny" car?
Well, not too tiny, it's a Honda Accord, but when I used that long shank pipe and I turned my head to check the lane in a hurry, it clanked off the glass and shocked a tooth or too. I just use the shorter cobs now. Maybe once in awhile I will smoke my bents, that makes them a little shorter from my face.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I used to keep a Dunhill zulu in the glove box but now it's whatever pipe I pack for work. Usually a yachtsman or a Weaver.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Whichever; I'm more concerned on blend selection, which is matched to a given pipe (I strive to dedicate by genre). Even my churchwardens get to be 'car pipes'.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I use a Dr. Grabow Prince. The mortise is threaded aluminum as is the tenon so I never have to worry about the stem coming loose. I also use some Falcons in th car from time to time.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
All my vehicles have 2 wheels, so I do not smoke on the commute. My commute is only 5 miles. so I can hold out until I get home.
jay-roger.jpg

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Dagner ccbs here also. I swear they were designed for driving.
I just mentioned on another thread that I didn’t care for rubber softie bits but now I’m thinking they would be great for driving with some of my bent briar work pipes.

Dec 28, 2015
I normally have 4 or 5 cobs in my truck along with an odd briar or two. Along with two or three jars of tobacco. And a tin a Samuel Gawith snuff. And assorted other goodies.

Sep 18, 2015
Nothing specific, I load 3-4 bowls in the morning as well as a couple of pouches to get thru the work day, I have eight inexpensive Briars and a cob that are my work pipes, I’ll rotate em on a weekly basis. My work pipes take a lot of abuse. If I’m just running errands or on a trip I’ll take along something nicer.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
I keep 2 Peterson full bents under 1.3 oz for solid clenching and a petite meershaum under 1.0 oz. I tote around about 6 to 8 blends too, it all fits in a shoe box for ease of transport and moving inside my car.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
MM Marcus for "emergencies" and city driving, regular pipes for longer drives. Well, and cigars in the glove compartment...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I keep 2 Peterson full bents under 1.3 oz for solid clenching and ....
Me too, along with a half pound of tobacco. But I pack a pipe as I head out the door. If it's a real trip, a half dozen pipes and several blends go with me. There's also an emergency tin and a crappy pipe (NOT a Crappy pipe) in the boot, or trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.