PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
@Sothron, as you can see -- and as I suspected when I started this thread -- you are by no means the only one.
Very interesting responses. Many thanks, gentlemen.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The blend I smoke the most doesn't come in bulk, so it's never in a big jar, and that's Peterson's Old Dublin. Lately MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian - which does come in bulk - has become a regular morning smoke, so there is a big jar of that on the shelf.

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
Until about a year ago it was Carter Hall. Now it's PS Balkan Supreme. Can't get enough of it...

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
McClelland Frogmorton, Sterling White Tail Aromatic, H&H Butternut Burley and SG Full Virginia Flake.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for the bump. As the OP here, I have to say that five years later, my Big Jar has Old Dog in it. I still like FMOTT regularly enough, but Old Dog has become the standby.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
I've got a tub of Carter Hall and a foil pouch of it. I think when I am done trying blends or creating them with this forum's help, CH is in the running for my best friend.
As I have mentioned in other threads I have about 3 8 ounces of TBox blends, but I do not plan on renewing them, so they don't really count.

halfy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2014
Five jars for me...Dunhill Flake, Elizabethan Mixture, DLNR, Capstan yellow and blue Flakes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great big canning jar with two foil packages of Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut.

May 4, 2015
Big 'ol bailtops of Carter Hall and Mixture 79 for me.
20170708_094325.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Lately it's been PS Luxury Twist Flake but in the past it would have been Blackhouse, FMC and Penzance.

I dont have a big jar yet (The kind you are talking about) - but highly likely it would be Nightcap, London Mixture and a third one (VaPer) yet to be identified.
Having said that - I do have 3 different sized jars and 1 bag of Lane Blends (Bought 1 lb of 1-Q, 2 ounces of BCA and 2 ounces of dark red during my first big order) - very soon I got tired of them, mixed them together, put them in jars, and smoke them maybe once in 2 weeks or so.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
No big tobacco jar, as of yet.
Vintage Syrian & Black Frigate are my most deeply stocked.
Does my big ol' jar of coffee beans count? I'd NEVER allow that to run dry.
jay-roger.jpg

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Big jars are Early morning pipe, Nightcap, penzance and Stonehaven. I would also have McClellan flakes, but have been back ordered since the last big sale.. :roll:

I have many four ounce mason jars as well..

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I have thirteen dozen quart "big jars", four dozen pint jars, eight dozen 8 oz. jars, and a bunch of unopened tubs. So why did I order more Peter Stokkebye today...

Lately I smoke a lot of Black Frigate, Nightcap, Old Joe Krantz, and Full Virginia Flake. :mrgreen:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have a few big jars of daily smokes. One has Irish Oak, another Old Joe Krantz and another holds a healthy stash of Best Brown No. 4.
I also tend to keep around a large container of homebrews. At this point, my favorite is a working blend inspired by Amsterdam but with more dark Burley and sweet Virginias.

Status
Not open for further replies.