PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I didn't get the email but it doesn't really apply to me either. I came here to say something good about them though cause they just sent me out a replacement 8 oz tin of Plum Pudding. Weirdest thing.... Early on I really fell in love with Plum Pudding so I bought a large stock of it in 2012. Well I just got to opening the last 8 oz tin that I purchased in 2012 and it turns out that it was actually Mississippi River that they mistakenly labeled Plum Pudding. I sent out an email to both Seattle Pipe Club and P&C to let them know of my situation and with no questions asked they just took my word for it and sent me out a replacement tin of some new Plum Pudding. Of course I lost 5 years that I can't get back but ya gotta applaud them for making it right, so good on them. I also wouldn't complain if I got the $50 coupon either but I really didn't do anything to deserve it. All in all P&C has always done right by me.
This is a thread I had started about the Plum Pudding mix up if any of you are interested in seeing the results. I had sent out large samples of the blend to those who had experience with both MR and PP to see what they thought of it. In short, we all agreed that it was MR.
Plum Pudding 2012

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like everything about P&C. Sure they make mistakes occasionally, but who doesn't? And they are always fast about fixing them. Life time customer here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
crickets.gif

Jun 27, 2016
Someone had posted that the coffee was nothing to write home about. It was free and while supplies lasted anyway, so I see no room for complaints surrounding the coffee. =)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Okay. I'll be that guy.
What's going on?
I'm reading P&C had a meltdown, a young pipe intern was sacrificed and now some smokers are getting Grant coupons in the mail.
If you're a victim, and haven't heard from them, throw out the dye, ignite a flare and start yelling, "Over here! Over here!" This is a classy company, folks. They apparently misfired and are trying to straighten the trail. Why not help them out?
I'm in IT sales and average a once a week screwing of the pooch. I fall on my sword, blame a co-worker, and make things right. I've experienced screw ups from P&C, Smoking Pipes, Cup O'Joes, Marscigars and JRcigars. Shit happens and every one of these companies fall over backward to make it right.
P&C is gearing up for a big sale day and delivery goes sideways? They'll get a pass because of Russ O. He'll always be the face of this company because he's out there: working the shows, answering the phone, weighing in here. He's also one of the nicest guys any mother loving son of us will ever meet in our entire lives.
Be grateful,
Fnord

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"If you're a victim, and haven't heard from them, throw out the dye, ignite a flare and start yelling, "Over here! Over here!" This is a classy company, folks. They apparently misfired and are trying to straighten the trail. Why not help them out?"
Sent off emails and spent countless hours over 7 weeks just trying to get put on hold, after 45 minutes I'm out of patience/minutes and have actual things to do since I'm not paid for the time wasted hounding down my order. They know my address and keep sending catalogs though. Would have already placed another order or two had mine actually been fulfilled, and I don't care about the coffee I want the tobacco.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They apparently misfired and are trying to straighten the trail. Why not help them out?
Because I have never gotten a correct order from them, and after deciding to give them one last try on IPSD and being double charged, it was the last straw.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
Tittle - "a tiny amount or part of something."
Maybe it is what they meant? They're good for a tiny amount or part of something?

Jun 27, 2016
Checking out their new website format, and ouch. It was bad enough to navigate before, now it's basically a lot worse.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
This is my first post about P&C since the whole snafu started:
I didn't place an order during IPSD, so wasn't out anything and didn't get double-charged, or have an order delayed or any other problems. But I watched the unbelievable failing many of the rest here had to slog through. My account shows only four orders in 2016.....that totaled over $1,000 purchased from P&C. It's the many silent (until now) customers like me they should really be worried about. Because I have no plans to spend any more with them. Since I started tracking my purchases at tobaccocellar.com I've spent over $6,000 on pipe tobacco. And P&C is permanently off my list of trusted vendors now.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Ouch.
They better be in damage control right quick.
I feel bad for you guys and every bit as bad that P&C has slipped just as far.
Fnord

Jan 8, 2013
I've only had good experiences with P&C. But man, if their website isn't a chore to navigate. It has actually been quite some time since I've ordered from them because it's just not as easy to navigate and find what you're looking for as some other sites. In fact they would be wise to adopt a system more like Smokingpipes, which is so much easier to navigate and find what I'm looking for.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Not much. Communication is lousy. Orders placed, then product doesn't show. No notice, no nothing..
Gets a little tiresome. They are cheaper, usually, so there's that. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.