PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Off to the beach tonight. Some friends are off to work at a sort of Christian camp. So it's a little party before they go.

I am fortunate to live near some scenic coastline, so we have been to the beach about three times this week already after work. The weather has been hot.

Church Sunday.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My wife works in the evening on weekends. Maybe I'll take a stroll around the marina and smoke a few cigars. I love Saturdays. In a while, I will go with a cigar smoking friend. To see, and buy some, tobaccos, zippos, and cigars, at the store on the coast, we'll have a vermouth. Regarding alcohol consumption, I have a lot of respect for distillates, that's why I drink distillates. Until my body says enough. I mean, I exercise, I try to stay healthy. I smoke and drink moderately.

RookieGuy80

Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
This weekend, and most of the ones following, will be quiet weekends. September is a very busy, very expensive month for us with birthdays and back to schools and all. Today will be either putzing around the house or I might take the family on a pleasant hike (or death march depending on which family member you ask) through a local stare park. Sunday will be spent doing as little as possible.

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys Frog here, it's the weekend before hunting season starts up here in Northern Ontario. My plans are as follows, tomorrow I'm going to wake up at the crack of dawn and do my chores, I'm a single dad to an almost 18 year old young man, who I am very proud of and is on a far better path then I was at his age, we're different but similar at the same time, I'm a very outdoorsy hands on type of person and he's more of a thinker. He comes out with me from time to time but I won't force him to anymore as he's old enough to know what he wants and he causes absolutely no trouble at all. I've raised him by myself since before he was even a year old. His mother passed away years ago of a drug overdose(fentanyl), Cheers to all the single dads out there or dads in general. Anyways I could ramble about him all day but that's not the conversation I'm trying to have here. Anyways tomorrow after I get done with my chores I'm going to go out and make sure some of my rifles are sighted in and ready to go, maybe even bring my bow and practice that a bit too although I haven't decided if I'm going to bowhunt this year or not, after sighting in the rifles I'll probably go for a long drive in the bush and listen to some podcasts and smoke way more pipes then I probably should and I might even do some fishing for some stocked trout, just planning on casting a little cleo spoon from shore at 3 or 4 trout ponds, I don't need any fish myself as I got a freezer with every species available in my area plentifully stocked up, but my mothers neighbour is an older fellow with breathing problems and he has been helping my mom by playing with her dog while she's at work, so I want to bring him a fresh fish or 2 out of appreciation. Then on sunday the hydro(power) is going to be out all day for maintenance so I'm probably just going to throw my canoe in a trout pond and swing a fly around all day, although I might take my ATV out and check my salmon/steelhead spot instead but I think it's still a bit early for salmon we haven't had any heavy rain to bring the creeks up yet, but I don't mind going out even if I don't catch anything, and even if the salmon aren't in there is always resident rainbows in the creeks, native brook trout is closed for the fall to allow them to spawn so I'm not doing that although I could, I could even do early hunting if I wanted to as I'm a registered Indian and have treaty rights in my area. I don't believe in harvesting out of season, and I look down upon the Indians that do, I try to stay within the same season as anyone else does and abide by the same limits only I don't buy a hunting/fishing license. Bad Indians give good indians a bad reputation and there is no excuse for it, especially the ones who use nets and spotlights during the breeding season. Take what you need and let the rest breed, most indians who over harvest don't end up eating most of the meat and it goes bad anyways, It's just greed, a man can only eat so much and we need to be stewards of our environment not just indians but everybody should be a steward to their environment, only take what you need to feed you and your family, maybe help out some members of your community from time to time who can't harvest on their own, but thats it, and bring a bag and pick up some garbage while you're out there, leave nature better when you leave then it was when you got there. If you don't help then who will? Anyways my plan is to smoke pipes and touch nature and I highly recommend you guys get out there and get some too.
Cheers
Frog.
That sounds heavenly.

Reactions: Frog Snacks

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Sounds like a great weekend! I’m of a similar mind, frog - I’m not a hunter but my father and brothers are, and and they always stress the importance of stewardship of the land, I think it’s an extremely admirable philosophy and one that I wish was more common.

I’m about to head out to the farmers market to pick up some cheese and a nice loaf of bread, then have a riverside picnic with the girlfriend - bringing a book and some snacks and spending a few hours listening to the waves and watching the sailboats pass. We might go for a short hike afterwards - we like to scout for mushrooms to identify, and the temperature drop after this heat wave plus rain usually brings out some new mushies and slime molds!

Later tonight my two brothers are coming over, we’ll have a few drinks and play some party-oriented videogames, then Sunday is blissfully empty besides a load or two of laundry and a little tidying up. I try to have one “do nothing” (or do very little) day a week if possible - I find it improves my mood for the following week drastically.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend that recharges your batteries!

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Pullin out the log splitter and starting in on a pile of logs I've had for a couple years now. With milder winters, we went through for less wood these past couple years. Figure it can't hurt to split and stack another 2 years worth.
After that, repair a fence or two in the pastures and then relax - as next weekend is my best friends wedding and I don't know that I have the energy for "Round 2" based on how the bachelor party went.

Flatfish

Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Off to the beach tonight. Some friends are off to work at a sort of Christian camp. So it's a little party before they go.

I am fortunate to live near some scenic coastline, so we have been to the beach about three times this week already after work. The weather has been hot.

Church Sunday.

IMG_20230909_224303.jpgIMG_20230909_224241.jpgreceived_627804005884267.jpeg

Reactions: Frog Snacks

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Spending the weekend in bed to try to shake off this Medieval bug I have contracted. It is a real doozy combo of cough, bowel issues and uncontrollable power flatulence! Every time I sneeze I have to move to the bathroom since I don't know if its a fart or a shart. The good news is that it is not Covid but it sure puts a crimp in your pipe smoking.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Sounds like a great weekend! I’m of a similar mind, frog - I’m not a hunter but my father and brothers are, and and they always stress the importance of stewardship of the land, I think it’s an extremely admirable philosophy and one that I wish was more common.

I’m about to head out to the farmers market to pick up some cheese and a nice loaf of bread, then have a riverside picnic with the girlfriend - bringing a book and some snacks and spending a few hours listening to the waves and watching the sailboats pass. We might go for a short hike afterwards - we like to scout for mushrooms to identify, and the temperature drop after this heat wave plus rain usually brings out some new mushies and slime molds!

Later tonight my two brothers are coming over, we’ll have a few drinks and play some party-oriented videogames, then Sunday is blissfully empty besides a load or two of laundry and a little tidying up. I try to have one “do nothing” (or do very little) day a week if possible - I find it improves my mood for the following week drastically.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend that recharges your batteries!
Nice, I picked some Golden Yellow Amanita Muscaria(dangerous but fun) and some Chaga while I was out today, I'm going to dry the amanita's and smoke them in a pipe for umm spiritual reasons, not only do they make me feel like a giant but they improve my vision/perspective and help in hunting for grouse and rabbits, as long as I don't over do it and end up laying in a ditch. The chaga goes into my kettle for my tea and coffee.

Attachments

• 20230909_131915[1].jpg
    20230909_131915[1].jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: David D. Davidson

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Spending the weekend in bed to try to shake off this Medieval bug I have contracted. It is a real doozy combo of cough, bowel issues and uncontrollable power flatulence! Every time I sneeze I have to move to the bathroom since I don't know if its a fart or a shart. The good news is that it is not Covid but it sure puts a crimp in your pipe smoking.
I had a bad stomach thing a few weeks ago it had me down for a week, it was just puking and inability to eat so I had to drink chicken broth and gatorade for a week, then at the end of the week I was so backed up from not eating or shitting that I was constipated, I took a laxative and I swear a shit the size of 3 beer cans blasted out of me. No fun at all man, hope you feel better soon.